Does this quote seem fair?

I have a sacrificial 13mm which I use to pound on to help free the unit bearing. Of course I haven’t had to remove any of the ones I’ve done since I started putting anti-seize on the lip...
i just did my ball joints this weekend and I used a 12pt, but my memory is now telling me that maybe I was supposed to use a 13mm *splined* for those bolts. Sadly, the splined 13mm is the one that became my sacrificial socket; I may have got away with one this weekend. 🥵

I have a sacrificial 13mm which I use to pound on to help free the unit bearing. Of course I haven’t had to remove any of the ones I’ve done since I started putting anti-seize on the lip...
i just did my ball joints this weekend and I used a 12pt, but my memory is now telling me that maybe I was supposed to use a 13mm *splined* for those bolts. Sadly, the splined 13mm is the one that became my sacrificial socket; I may have got away with one this weekend. 🥵
Although I haven't had the need to try, any stubborn unit bearing should come free with the power steering trick.

Reactions: hear
Although I haven't had the need to try, any stubborn unit bearing should come free with the power steering trick.

I had to use a power hammer drill on mine to get it off, lol. Rust belt, the thing was basically fused on (190k miles and I don't think it had been done in a long time, if at all.) my landlord saw me struggling, grabbed his giant hammer drill and went ham on it

Thats an intermediate book service cost on my wifes Hyundai here in OZ, I would get it done in the shop as it doesn't seem expensive to me.

I always forget that trick. The TJ came off relatively easy. I've had my JKU's off several times and well, now you know why I needed a sacrificial 13mm socket, and why I finally started using anti-seize.

It's not hard to run your own brakeline. I used Nicopp which is easy to use and worked well as long as I had my previous ride.

Impact of sufficient force may work good

We all know Mr. Blain can fix, repair, modify or manufacture just about any part needed on the Jeep TJ
(I‘m convinced anyway) and respectively so!

The price quote seems fair, but you may think of purchasing a few of the tools needed and doing the work yourself as what is listed is not over technical. Then next time around, you’ll be money ahead by having the tools and experience!👍

We all know Mr. Blain can fix, repair, modify or manufacture just about any part needed on the Jeep TJ
(I‘m convinced anyway) and respectively so!

The price quote seems fair, but you may think of purchasing a few of the tools needed and doing the work yourself as what is listed is not over technical. Then next time around, you’ll be money ahead by having the tools and experience!👍
I have the tools needed and just ordered my u joints and I’ll be doing them my self this weekend but I did have him fix my brake line so I can drive it home

Reactions: Irun
You could pick up a motive products power bleeder from amazon and do your own fluid exchanges going forward. Just a thought if your a self wrencher

Reactions: josb612
I have the tools needed and just ordered my u joints and I’ll be doing them my self this weekend but I did have him fix my brake line so I can drive it home
A quick fix to drive it home is also a pair of vice-grips to a busted brake line...

Given you're in the rust belt, take care not to bend the ears on the driveshaft. Excessive force or hammering will do this. Other than that, it's not a hard job and you really should know how to do it, in case one breaks on the trail! (y)