Dome lights flicker and turn on randomly

My dome lights and odometer tend to turn on randomly or the dome lights will just flicker while I'm driving. This happens with the door sensor fuse in or out and the only way I've been able to make it stop is by giving the wiring harness down by the pedals a good wiggle and that usually does the trick. If anyone could help me identify this issue it would be amazing for my sanity so I dont have to carry a jump pack with me everywhere.

Welcome to the Chrysler electrical woes. Jeeps are notorious for things like this, as are most older Chrysler vehicles.

I had something similar going on with my gauge cluster on my Cherokee XJ and it turned out to be a connector on the back of it that had wiggled itself loose. I would be searching high and low for any connectors under there that may be loose.

My dome lights and odometer tend to turn on randomly or the dome lights will just flicker while I'm driving. This happens with the door sensor fuse in or out and the only way I've been able to make it stop is by giving the wiring harness down by the pedals a good wiggle and that usually does the trick. If anyone could help me identify this issue it would be amazing for my sanity so I dont have to carry a jump pack with me everywhere.
Robert, I am having a similar issue. Did you find the remedy? Thanks.

@Jamison C is great on these, the circuitry is typically more complex than you would think, and it will be a loose connection possibly, based on your explanation. Keep is posted.