Double Adjustable Control Arm Install Tips

Ok hear me out for a second. I'm beginning to wonder if the angle is even what is causing this vibe.

I adjusted a little more up than previously then adjust a little lower than previously and it still does it.

It is smooth as silk until 60mph. I just took it on the highway and got to 60 and it starts. It's not horrible but I can hear and feel the VOOOM VOOOM VOOOM vibe. I got to 65mph and it's still there. Let off the gas as I exit and it's there until the Jeep slows itself to just under 60mph and it smooths out.

No wobble, no shimmy and the wheels tires are balanced well. The only thing I noticed is a vibration at idle in drive. It shakes the mirrors a little. I installed a new anchor trans mount when I did the barnes skid, SYE and driveshafts. I'm pretty sure I saw a leak at one of the rear axles so I'm wondering if I have a bent axle or something.

Last edited:
Well I am at a loss here. I have tried just about every combo I can think of and have test driven it 8 times today. Same thing. It's like a Sine wave of vibration only coming on at around 50mph and gets real bad around 60mph. I tried going to 75mph and it felt pretty bad, like something was about to come apart. It's 103 today and I've given up for the day.

I'm thinking I will pull the front driveshaft and see if that changes it. If not, maybe the rear Adam's shaft is not balanced. I can't think of anything else. It's not a wheel tire balance issue and I went down with the pinion and up with the pinion, put some 1/4" thick washers between frame and skid, nothing changed.