Draglink tie rod end

xraydave

I’m going to replace the tie rod ends on my 2004 TJ. The tie rod on the passenger side of the draglink does not look like it’s replaceable. It looks like it’s just part of the draglink. Is it replaceable?

The "drag link" is composed of 3 pieces. The long end I linked, a connecting sleeve, then the short end that Allstar424 posted.

If I’m replacing the draglink I might as well get a new tie rod as well.
I want to do it right. My old man emu ultimate lift that I ordered from Dirk at DPG came in today. Hopefully doing that this weekend

Look into the ZJ tierod upgrade. You can get everything from local auto parts fairly cheap. The drag link is the same but the tie rod and ends are much bigger than stock.

Reactions: Allstar424
100_0795.JPG

Reactions: Allstar424
Look into the ZJ tierod upgrade. You can get everything from local auto parts fairly cheap. The drag link is the same but the tie rod and ends are much bigger than stock.

Thanks. That sounds like a plan. So the the ZJ tierod end fits into the TJ steering knuckle and pitarm without ant trouble?

Yup. It has always seemed weird to me that they are cheaper for XJs yet the same 😂

So for a 2001 TJ complete replacement I'd want these?

Amazon.com: Moog DS1238 Tie Rod End: Automotive
Amazon.com: MOOG Chassis Products ES3096L Tie Rod End, Regular: Automotive
Amazon.com: MOOG Chassis Products ES2079S Tie Rod End Adjusting Sleeve: Automotive

plus the actual tie rod with ends?

Or should I just get something like this?

Jeep Wrangler Heavy Duty Steering Kit (97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ) (extremeterrain.com)

***EDIT***
Just found this thread so I'll likely go this route.
ZJ Tie Rod Conversion | Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum (wranglertjforum.com)

Last edited: