Driving music

Bob Seger, Fleetwood Mac, Charlie Daniels, Alabama, Jimmy Buffet, Mac Davis, Marty Robbins, Elton John, and of course the Highwaymen, either together or solo, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Chris Kristofferson, and Johnny Cash. Better throw some Jerry Reed and C,W, McCall in there too just for good measure.

Reactions: Squatch
Bob Seger, Fleetwood Mac, Charlie Daniels, Alabama, Jimmy Buffet, Mac Davis, Marty Robbins, Elton John, and of course the Highwaymen, either together or solo, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Chris Kristofferson, and Johnny Cash. Better throw some Jerry Reed and C,W, McCall in there too just for good measure.
Kris Kristofferson's "Silver Tongued Devil" is easily one of my all time favorite albums. I have an album, cassette, and cd version of it.

Reactions: Halfstock
I'm gonna throw out one from left field. The Pogues. And Irish band. With rousing road trip songs. That I grew up with in the 80's and 90's. I carried a tape of there's around the world while I was in the Marine Corps. I only had room for two. The Pogues and The Police at the time. Nothing gets you going like a good Irish pub song. It's a mix of old and new music. that I love. Lot's of bagpipes with thrashing music behind it.

Take your top down and fly off into the wilderness to these tunes. I set the YT page to a playlist of 50 songs from the Pogues. Just hit the page link and it will play a whole host of songs from them.

I went to the university of Limerick in Ireland for a year in hte 90's the Pogues were quite popular, but most people dont understand that the word POGUE MAHONE is quite derogatory in Gaelic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quigley
The reason I have Sirius satellite radio is for the range of choices and quality. My saved stations range from classic rock, reggae, jazz, new age, classical, outlaw country, etc.. Depends on the mood, the time of day or whatever. Some days a loud 'Jumping Jack Flash' does the trick, others some David Alan Coe and on it goes.

Last edited:
Rarely do I listen to anything other than Metal or Nu Metal.

Lamb of God, Korn, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Limp Bizkit, Saliva, Adema, Rammstein, Pantera, Damage Plan, Gojira, As I Lay Dying, Soil, Staind, Hatebreed, Meshuggah etc etc

Every now and then I'll listen to southern rock, but no country for me.

Reactions: mushdogs
An eclectic mix of classic rock, russian surfer rock, gypsy punk, big brass band, swing, select metal and a bevy of random songs from random genres.

News Boys, Tobymac, Michal W Smith, Group one crew, Joel Olsteen, Anything: Pop, Caribbean, Country, Classic Rock, Blues. So yeah I also have a wide taste.

I have never been a music trivia type, I just listen to what is on but I always have something on.
Wow... those names bring me back to middle school. That era of Contemporary Christian music was really something.

image.jpg

If ya'll recognize the decal, you'll know my tastes.

Reactions: Paparock1 and MikeM
Another good band that will get you in the mood to take that rock outcropping is Austrian Death Machine.... a speed metal band with lyrical inspiration from Arnold Schwarzenegger movie quotes.... What's better than that?

Reactions: Swamp Yankee
I'm tired of the radio
same old lyrics, smoke shows
You're so country we all know
tailgates and backroads
Same shit different day
ain't nothing ever gonna change
As long as you know that you are
still just a Bitch in my book.