Euro/UK spec rear fog light not working. Any tips?

troublednoodle

Hi All,

Just joined up, bought myself a 2004 4.0 TJ xtreme sport (which I believe is the columbia edition in the states) and on purchasing noticed the headlights were acting strange, there were no low beams, only high. Ended up needing a new multifunction switch which has been changed out and headlights all working all okay, but now but I've no rear fog light now.

Any suggestions?

Bulb fine, brand new switch. Connection looks fine on the back of the fog. Dont even get anything on the dash when turning on the fogs, rotate onto side lights and pull out. Same thing on headlights. Makes me think its not even trying to come on as there's no fog light symbol on the dash coming on.

Bulb looked fine, connection on back of switch looked fine, connection rear of fog looked fine, switch brand new.

Not sure where to start with this one, i'm a bit stumped.

Switch that was fitted

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BM8PWDK2?tag=tjforum0a-21

Edit - Think I may have messed up, i've stuck a multifunction switch part number 5016709AD (front fogs), on when I needed part number 05016710AD (rear fogs), will it be possible to switch the wiring/pins to work correctly? It doesnt seem possible to buy 05016710AD anywhere.

Last edited:
The pin for front and rear fog lamps is different.
On the switch you have bought the front fog lamp output will be at pin 14.
On your original export model switch, the output for the rear fog lamp is on pin 12.
The feed is from the same fuse, and in both cases the lamps are driven directly from the switch.

You can remove the wire going to pin 12 and swap it over to pin 14 that would be the simplest solution.
The wire for the rear fog lamp is 2nd from one end and is brown/white in colour. Move it to pin 14, two spaces closer to the center of the connector, and the rear fog lamp should work off the switch.

Before swapping the wire, you could poke a wire into the backs of pins 12 and 14 locations with the connector still fitted to the switch and the lamp should come on with the switch.

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman