Finished the kick panel pods

WestCoastDan

TJ Addict
Added a second pair of 6.5" Polk Audio speakers (to match the ones in the roll bar pods) to the custom kick panels yesterday. Now I can actually hear the music while driving with the top & doors off.
IMG_8819.jpg
IMG_8821.jpg

speaking of speakers(alliteration aside)im goin to ditch my whole center console unit and so was wondering about relocating the 'woofer'and was thinkin:in between the speaker pods on the rollbar?pretend i dont know jack about speaker-placement-for-sound-quality...im not an audiophile and dont really need/want a fancy system in my jeep but would like to know where other folks have relocated said bass speaker...?

speaking of speakers(alliteration aside)im goin to ditch my whole center console unit and so was wondering about relocating the 'woofer'and was thinkin:in between the speaker pods on the rollbar?pretend i dont know jack about speaker-placement-for-sound-quality...im not an audiophile and dont really need/want a fancy system in my jeep but would like to know where other folks have relocated said bass speaker...?
For this build, I put an 8" powered sub uunit under the driver's seat.
Bass is 'non-directional', so it doesn't really matter where it is installed or which direction it is facing, unlike mid's & high's.
I wasn't looking for it to "add the boom", I just wanted to fill in the bass where the roll bar pods and dash speakers could't.

Reactions: kenosha whiz six
For this build, I put an 8" powered sub uunit under the driver's seat.
Bass is 'non-directional', so it doesn't really matter where it is installed or which direction it is facing, unlike mid's & high's.
I wasn't looking for it to "add the boom", I just wanted to fill in the bass where the roll bar pods and dash speakers could't.

ok thnx,good info...man that sure makes a shorter run on wiring!i mean,the console woofer is right there next to the seat,so that gets rid of re-routing all the way to the rollbar!didnt know about the non-directional audio thing,learn sumpin new everyday

How have these held up in that location?
Looking into modifying my own speaker system 😁

After many moons of tinkering with the Jeep audio, the single best upgrade was changing the front dash 5.25" coaxials to component speakers, and relocating the tweeters to the top of the dash, or attach to the A-Pillar. Check out this Kicker page for some ideas.

https://www.kicker.com/2020-ks-series
group3.jpg

group1.png

Just revisiting this thread. How have the kick panels held up? Also, how did you fit an 8" sub under the drivers seat?!

My system is still working great and the custom kick panels (which took quite a bit of effort to design, configure, & install) have been very robust.
The amp & the 8" powered sub (mounted underneath the driver's seat) are both Sound Ordinance (from Crutchfield).
Speakers (other than the small pods on the top of the dash) are all Polk upgrades.
Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG