First time Dutch TJ owner (2001)

FourbyFours

Hi all!

I'm Suuz, 21 years old and been a Jeep fan since I could barely walk. Finally saved up enough to buy my own TJ!

The first plans are to get her rust free and adjusting other basics and looking into overlanding mods.

This summer will be travelling with her for a couple of weeks in Europe (region still unknown but probably Austria/swiss or Eastern Europe) any tips for fun but safe (only one car) are welcome.

Also, looking what kind of tools I will need to bring to my holiday to fix the basics... I've owned a Vitara before and this is...a bit different.

If you would like to follow my progress I have Instagram @FourbyFours

Kind regards,

A newbie Jeep enthousiast

My kids had a Suzuki Grand Vitara they drove to high school. A Jeep is way more fun. In stock form both get about the same gas mileage.

Do you have a hard top or soft top. A soft top makes it easier to take the top off in the mountains and put it back on if it gets cold.

As you can see, it's a hard top! I'm planning to buy a softtop and look for a good roofrack and rooftent in the future. And she isn't that shiny anymore now...
IMG_20220520_194800_470.jpg

Reactions: matkal and SvtLdr
Hi all!

I'm Suuz, 21 years old and been a Jeep fan since I could barely walk. Finally saved up enough to buy my own TJ!

The first plans are to get her rust free and adjusting other basics and looking into overlanding mods.

This summer will be travelling with her for a couple of weeks in Europe (region still unknown but probably Austria/swiss or Eastern Europe) any tips for fun but safe (only one car) are welcome.

Also, looking what kind of tools I will need to bring to my holiday to fix the basics... I've owned a Vitara before and this is...a bit different.

If you would like to follow my progress I have Instagram @FourbyFours

Kind regards,

A newbie Jeep enthousiast

Welcome to the forum, Suuz, and congrats on the TJ purchase!

What model year did you buy? Also, you can help us help you by filling out the specifics about your Jeep in your profile.

As far as tools for your road trip go, a decent collection of hand tools is always a good idea to have. Basic stuff like sockets, screwdrivers, pliers etc. A decent multimeter is good to have in case of electrical issues. Double check that your all set up to change a tire just in case that's required.

Have a great time, enjoy your "new" Jeep and keep them pics coming!

Reactions: matkal