First time Wrangler owner with questions

1stJeep

Good Morning Everyone,

I just recently purchased my first Jeep Wrangler! I remember seeing the brand new JK wrangler released at the Auto Show and I have wanted a Wrangler ever since. I test drove a new JL manual Wrangler the spring of 2019 and at $40k it wasn't want I wanted. I knew I wanted simplicity of the TJ.

Specs
5 spd manual
3.73 Dana 35 in the rear (open diffs, ugh)
2 in Rubicon Express lift
16'' American Racing Rims
285/75R16 Cooper AT3 tires

Plans
Keep it functional and driveable

Questions for you guys!
1. I've heard that these 285/75 tires with end up in the fenders offroad. Has anyone gone from a 285/75R16 to a 265/75R16 and regretted it? (Cheaper tires, more load C options,etc)
2. The suspension doesn't seem to be soaking up any of the bumps (I can hear the rear end chirp on some of them?) I've reduced my Load E tires down to 28 psi and it helped some. I've found that the Ranch RS5000x are great shocks. Should I get the ones that are rated for 0-2''?

IMG_20191222_144815.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Good Morning Everyone,

I just recently purchased my first Jeep Wrangler! I remember seeing the brand new JK wrangler released at the Auto Show and I have wanted a Wrangler ever since. I test drove a new JL manual Wrangler the spring of 2019 and at $40k it wasn't want I wanted. I knew I wanted simplicity of the TJ.

Specs
5 spd manual
3.73 Dana 35 in the rear (open diffs, ugh)
2 in Rubicon Express lift
16'' American Racing Rims
285/75R16 Cooper AT3 tires

Plans
Keep it functional and driveable

Questions for you guys!
1. I've heard that these 285/75 tires with end up in the fenders offroad. Has anyone gone from a 285/75R16 to a 265/75R16 and regretted it? (Cheaper tires, more load C options,etc)
2. The suspension doesn't seem to be soaking up any of the bumps (I can hear the rear end chirp on some of them?) I've reduced my Load E tires down to 28 psi and it helped some. I've found that the Ranch RS5000x are great shocks. Should I get the ones that are rated for 0-2''?

View attachment 135308
Yes on the shocks, go with the 0-2”. The Rancho 5000X shocks run a bit long, so you would not want the 2-4”.

Drop the pressures on the E rated tires to 26psi and see if its a little better. That’s a big part of your ride issue. The C rated tire you are planning will help that too.