Floor noise reduction without Dynamat / Boommat?

Beachhead

Supporting Member
Is there a simpler solution for some under-carpet noise reduction other than buying the peel and stick dynamat/boommat type material? Would something like residential carpet padding work?

Be careful with temperature ratings, the passenger footwell gets hot. I'd go with the products made for the job if you really want noise reduction. It's allot of work to get that stuff put in, better to get it right the first time.

Is there a simpler solution for some under-carpet noise reduction other than buying the peel and stick dynamat/boommat type material? Would something like residential carpet padding work?

So you have, and want to keep, the carpet in your tub? If so, you could take the same approach I did: Noico on 50% of the tub under the carpet, avoiding any water-drain tracks so that you don't trap moisture underneath.

Then, mass-loaded vinyl wherever you want to bother with it. I put some across the main "bed" of the back.

p.s. But if Noico and other butyl-based products are what you mean by referring to Dynamat, then you could ignore my first line and just go with mass-loaded vinyl underneath the carpet. You could also replace the carpet with "mass-backed" aftermarket carpet, which is basically the same idea.

Id like to do something opposite...my tub was bed linered by the PO...I'd like to find something I can put under the tub...not sure Lizard would be enough.

-Mac