Fog light wire

talianslyr

00 tj came with fog lights per my build sheet, however I can't find the wires for them and I don't hand a switch, someone help please

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

00 tj came with fog lights per my build sheet, however I can't find the wires for them and I don't hand a switch, someone help please

Maybe yours didn't come with fog lights from the factory. Mine is a 2000 TJ Sport and came with Fog/Off road lights. Is yours a Sport?

Look on your turn signal arm. If it came factory with fog lights. You will see an arrow and symbol for light on it. Pull the arm outward. On the wiring harness just before your turn signals you will see two wire forking out from the harness with a plug or if someone has cut the plug off it will be two wires loose.

upload_2018-5-16_15-46-5.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Same here and same model 2000 Sport. I think the later models had the fog light switch on the turn signal stalk.

I believe that's true. On 03-06 models they had the fog light switch on the stalk.

However, I believe on earlier models the fog light switch was in the center dash area with the other rocker switches.

Look up in the front fenders by the turn signal lights. There should be two empty plugs there, one on each side. Those are where the fog lights plug into.

Reactions: Dawghouse
I believe that's true. On 03-06 models they had the fog light switch on the stalk.

However, I believe on earlier models the fog light switch was in the center dash area with the other rocker switches.
That's right.....center dash area with the other two rocker switches.....total of 3 rocker switches.

Reactions: Chris
This is how it came looks like someone took out the switch. I don't see a plug for the fog lights by the turn signal, but I see a blue and a black wire that were cut. Same on each side. Like I said I downloaded my build sheet it said fog lights. Guess I'll have to go to the shop manual to see which wires are which
7e81036ec542a85eac7937f1b18fa558.jpg

This is how it came looks like someone took out the switch. I don't see a plug for the fog lights by the turn signal, but I see a blue and a black wire that were cut. Same on each side. View attachment 41424

those 2 wires are more than likely for the fog lights, check under the dash to see if the wires are there for the switch, if so it may be as simple as installing a new switch, get yourself a test light or multi meter as you will need it.

I just bought a set of yet to be installed off road lights and they came with a new dash switch.