From Texas

JTrigg

Thank you for allowing me in.

1999 Wrangler Sport.

I sort of picked it up on a whim, and because the price was very right.

Although I am moderately mechanical (Harleys and Subies were once a passion, plus the first 15 odd years of vehicle ownership usually required a lot of shadetree) I know very little about Jeep specifics or mods. This particular Jeep has had a lot of suspension / lift and other more cosmetic/functional mods made to it. And while I can easily understand the purpose, I know nothing about the brand names, and in some instances what exactly has been done, in terms of "why it is now better or more suited". The guy I bought it from is not the one who did the mods. I will try to include some pictures of the specifics if I can. Not scared of working on it, and I am pretty well aware of my limitations between "I can do that" and "Better take it in for that". And, am quite willing to sit back and listen to those in the know, and pass on what I have learned and experienced, as well .

It had been sitting up for a while, so it had some issues, although it started right up. At the get go, I had to replace an ignition switch, and then took it in to a local shop for pads and a sticking front caliper. Then sorted out some electrical issues in the driveway, and got it to pass inspection. Cleaned up the throttle body, and got a weird idle and hesitation out of it, and am waiting for delivery on some plugs, wires, cap, and rotor to address that. Right now, she runs good, and I am now looking more to cleaning up a few things along the way before they become the next problem. Covering or re-covering some wiring, taking a closer look at hoses and belts, that sort of thing. And, need to figure out why the wipers work on high speed and low speed, but not on delay. Switch or motor?

Thank you, and all thoughts are welcome.

20200114_091449.jpg20200114_091457.jpg20200114_091511.jpg20200106_120413-crop.jpg20200107_101716.jpg

Welcome to the forum, you're definitely in the right place!

That's a great looking TJ. The wiper issue sounds like it's more than likely a bad switch.

Welcome to the forum, you're definitely in the right place!

That's a great looking TJ. The wiper issue sounds like it's more than likely a bad switch.

Stalk or internal? Seems like I noted that the stalk itself had contacts and was easily replaceable.