Status
Not open for further replies.

taylormade73

Wob Free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Price
$300
For sale 3 Argent Pintlers 17" x 8.5" with 5 on 5 bolt pattern. Yes, only 3, the 4th has a hairline crack at the spoke. Good condition with some abrasions at lug openings from removal and install. Rims only, tires not included. Will sell individually for $110 per rim or $300 for all 3 plus shipping.

20191009_185347_HDR.jpg

20191009_184615.jpg

20191009_184608.jpg

Reactions: Starrs and JMT
They need 5x5 to 5x4.5 adapters...but keep in mind there are only 3 good ones, the others have hairline cracks that let air seep out. So, you would need to find someone that can repair them or find another 1 or 2 for sale.

Any idea as to why two of your wheels cracked? Car accident?
I got 6 of them from someone on AEV forum, which 4 were supposed to be good and 2 had cracks. He sent photos of the cracks. I bought the 4 and he gave me the other 2 on the off chance I could get them fixed. I mounted new tires on them and after a week noticed a decrease in pressure on 1 as I periodically check my tires. I took the wheels back to the shop that mounted them and they found a crack in the same place as all the others where the spoke transitions to the outer rim. You can't see it but can see it bubble soapy water. So I took them off and ordered the wheels I have now, using the tires from the Pintlers. I posted them for sale on AEV forum and a senior member recommended I contact AEV directly "since it's a known issue with Pintlers" according to him. You can see the thread on the AEV forum. So I contacted AEV just to see what they say. AEV warranty dept. said, even though I am not the original owner, they will replace 2 under warranty. Since they don't make them in Argent anymore, I would need to buy 3 to match. They also offered me a 20% discount on the 3 I would need to buy. Sounds like a great deal from a great company; however, I don't like the black or onyx. I didn't want to spend anymore money on something I didn't like. So I bought 5 new ICON Rebound wheels. With all that said, I have no idea why they cracked. Maybe they are prone to cracking in that specific spot. All I have is some circumstantial evidence from a senior AEV forum member stating said proneness and AEV willing to warranty a product to a subsequent owner when the warranty specifically states that the warranty is valid only for the original owner. So, that is how I got to this thread offering for sale 3 of the 6 Pintler wheels I have. For what it's worth, the cracks are hairline and less than an inch and can be repaired. But the cost of the repair and repainting wasn't worth it to me because the Pintlers are not a must have for me. Hopefully, this clarifies everything.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I got 6 of them from someone on AEV forum, which 4 were supposed to be good and 2 had cracks. He sent photos of the cracks. I bought the 4 and he gave me the other 2 on the off chance I could get them fixed. I mounted new tires on them and after a week noticed a decrease in pressure on 1 as I periodically check my tires. I took the wheels back to the shop that mounted them and they found a crack in the same place as all the others where the spoke transitions to the outer rim. You can't see it but can see it bubble soapy water. So I took them off and ordered the wheels I have now, using the tires from the Pintlers. I posted them for sale on AEV forum and a senior member recommended I contact AEV directly "since it's a known issue with Pintlers" according to him. You can see the thread on the AEV forum. So I contacted AEV just to see what they say. AEV warranty dept. said, even though I am not the original owner, they will replace 2 under warranty. Since they don't make them in Argent anymore, I would need to buy 3 to match. They also offered me a 20% discount on the 3 I would need to buy. Sounds like a great deal from a great company; however, I don't like the black or onyx. I didn't want to spend anymore money on something I didn't like. So I bought 5 new ICON Rebound wheels. With all that said, I have no idea why they cracked. Maybe they are prone to cracking in that specific spot. All I have is some circumstantial evidence from a senior AEV forum member stating said proneness and AEV willing to warranty a product to a subsequent owner when the warranty specifically states that the warranty is valid only for the original owner. So, that is how I got to this thread offering for sale 3 of the 6 Pintler wheels I have. For what it's worth, the cracks are hairline and less than an inch and can be repaired. But the cost of the repair and repainting wasn't worth it to me because the Pintlers are not a must have for me. Hopefully, this clarifies everything.
What a reply. Very transparent and I appreciate it, that’s very respectable. Yes, once AEV moved manufacturing over to China, they started having issues with cracking. I have a thread about it on here. Nice to see their customer service willing to make it right without much hesitation

Reactions: taylormade73
what did you do with the other two you recieved? are they just sitting in storage or did you give them away?

curious bc if i repair one I could repair the other too and get a matching set of 5

what did you do with the other two you recieved? are they just sitting in storage or did you give them away?

curious bc if i repair one I could repair the other too and get a matching set of 5
I have all 6 in my garage in boxes. 3 good and 3 with cracks.

great! could you send me a private message with your area code? I would like to find your nearest station to make it as painless as possible

I would send you one but I can't start private conversations yet haha
Sent

great! could you send me a private message with your area code? I would like to find your nearest station to make it as painless as possible

I would send you one but I can't start private conversations yet haha
All 3 cracked ones are yours if you pay shipping. I could scrap them for $20 a piece, but don't mind them going to a good home with a forum member.

Reactions: Jamison C
Status
Not open for further replies.