Gauge cluster won’t work and fuel pump won’t kick on

Gunny

I have a 97 Tj. My instrument panel is not working and the new fuel pump is not kicking on.
Any tips?

The instrument panel will have issues with the contacts every now and then. I believe you have to take the entire panel off, clean the contacts and place it back on. The fuel pump could be anything.

If it’s a new, recently replaced fuel pump, the issue is probably something to do with the install. Make sure you fully re-trace your steps. You could also check and see if you’re getting power to the pump.

Reactions: Chris and Ephry73
I have a 97 Tj. My instrument panel is not working and the new fuel pump is not kicking on.
Any tips?

Check the easy things first....
Take a look at the (3) 32 pin harness connectors plugged into the ECU. Disconnect them and check the pins for oxidation and when you reinsert the harness connectors into the ECU receptacles; ensure they are firmly snapped into the receptacles.
Check the ground cables that attach to the block to the left side of the oil filter; ensure the are clean and tight on the stud, then grounds that are behind the speaker grills under the fastening screws on the passenger and drivers side along with the grounds that are attached to the passenger and drivers side kick panels.