Got into the Milwaukee game today

hear

Can't type
Lifetime Supporting Member
1/2” drive fuel impact & 3/8 ratchet (not the fuel version). There’s a place nearby that sells refurbs & auctioned stuff as well as new stuff. They warranty all their stuff for 30 days, I’ll know before then if there is a problem. Plus the Milwaukee warranty, these are 2021 & 2022 items. The jeep was used when I bought it, tools might as well be too.

Impact was used, ratchet was used. $250 for all of it, batteries & dual charger. They didn’t have the fuel ratchet, but the price was right. New tools was my reward for rebuilding that transmission. Probably should’ve bought them first though.

2C46F6F2-02F2-42D4-9409-123C55246390.jpeg

How strong is the 3/8 ratchet? Would like to have 1 of those, it's amazing what tool companies keep coming out with

Milwaukee claims the M12 3/8 ratchet make 35 ft lbs if torque. They make a Fuel version that claims 55 ft lbs. The regular M12 ratchet is smaller which is a benefit in many ways. I have the regular 3/8 version in my collection and have been happy enough with it not to purchase the fuel model.
Project farm included it in his 3/8 ratchet video.
If you do purchase one don't buy it alone. Milwaukee often includes it a free tool with their starter kits. Watch Home Depot for their daily deals. They run Milwaukee tools several times a month. Or if your not in a hurry Milwaukee has great deals for Black Friday. Don't buy from Amazon. Milwaukee only honors their warranty if the product is purchased from an authorized retailer.

How strong is the 3/8 ratchet? Would like to have 1 of those, it's amazing what tool companies keep coming out with

I have the 3/8 fuel ratchet. I like it but I use my 3/8 fuel stubby impact more.

I don't have the fuel ratchet and I think it's ok. If it doesn't have enough juice to remove a nut you can always just use it as a normal ratchet to get it started, and then use power to actually get it the rest of the way off. I haven't found it to be nearly as useful as everyone else, but maybe the fuel's extra power is what is needed. I agree that the stubby impact is probably more useful although it fits in less places than the ratchet. I know I have my equivalently-powered Craftsman impact that sees a ton of use, and if it's sitting next to the ratchet, I'm probably grabbing the impact.