Grab handle "dome light"?

WestCoastDan

TJ Addict
Does anyone know of a replacement/aftermarket grab handle that includes a light recessed into this area?
I'd like one that I can tie into the dome light circuit, or even to a separate switch.
Capture.JPG

I'd even consider a light that I could attach to the existing handle if it looked clean after the install.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a replacement/aftermarket grab handle that includes a light recessed into this area?
I'd like on that I can tie into the dome light circuit, or even to a separate switch.
View attachment 304868

I'd even consider a light that I could attach to the existing handle if it looked clean after the install.
sounds like a fun diy project.. thanks for the inspiration!

i'll let you know how it goes.. i recently removed my full tuffy center console (soon to go on the for sale part of the site) and replaced it with the under seat tuffy box (which fits just fine under the passenger seat) and need some lighting for it as the footwell doesn't quite illuminate it enough.. hadn't thought of your idea and it's going to work perfectly! i'll wire in a contact for automatic illumination when the drawer is opened :cool:

Reactions: WestCoastDan
the under seat tuffy box (which fits just fine under the passenger seat)
I assume you're saying the driver side box fits under the passenger seat. Curious if you're using the small one (for flip n fold) or the larger one?

Last edited:
I assume your saying the driver side box fits under the passenger seat. Curious if you're using the small one (for flip n fold) or the larger one?
i have an '00. used the 97-02 driver side flip and fold (250-01) for the passenger side (also a flip and fold). switched my driver seat bracket to a fixed one and ordered up the 03-06 driver side flip and fold (251-01) for the driver side. jack will be relocated under the driver seat.

If you're switching the driver side brackets to fixed, can't you go with the larger box?
I'm trying to decide if I can make the larger (non flip) box fit under the flip/fold seats, either side.
Or, I might switch the driver to non-flip brackets.

If you're switching the driver side brackets to fixed, can't you go with the larger box?
I'm trying to decide if I can make the larger (non flip) box fit under the flip/fold seats, either side.
Or, I might switch the driver to non-flip brackets.

248-01 (97-06 NON Flip) is 8.25" wide and 17.25" long which is made for the non flip seat mount. i could use it with the static seat mount but it won't work for me because of my relocating the factory jack under the driver seat.

250-01 (97-02 Flip) is 6" wide and 12.8125" long fills the space under the flip seat seat completely so there's no bigger one that will fit.

251-01 (03-06 Flip) is 7.1875" wide and 8.5625" long. the shorter length allows the factory jack to be placed in it's factory style under the driver seat

i don't need a crazy amount of gear at all times so this combo is perfect for me.

Last edited: