Grinding / rumble noise when coming to a stop

I am getting the same noise. It only happens when I come to a stop. I replaced the front U-Joints (they were worn). After an exaustive self diagnosis I finally took it into a mechanic. They tested everything and said all my brakes wheels etc were in good order. They were stumped as they could not find the source of the issue. I am at my wits end with this issue and am hoping someone out there has discovered what the cause of this annoying noise is caused from.
Hey Dagger , did you ever get to the bottom of this noise. I have the same thing. I don’t think it drive line related. I think it’s def’ up front. Never happens when braking at any speed in fact no other time Other than when moving real slow (crawling / creeping with brake on) just before stopping. In fact , if you brake and bring to complete stop using moderate pressure it never happens. Only happens if in drive and let brake off slowly or conversely bring to halt slowly and then only right before stop. ( It sounds like an old creaking floorboard)
I’ve checked everything and cannot diagnose it. If I concentrate and come off brakes smartly it never happens or if I keep consistent firm pressure on brake and bring to stop never happens.

just wondering how you are getting on with this. Interestingly it doesn’t seem to get any worse...it’s just there?

Some brack chatter is somewhat normal when the pads are trying to both grab and also release at the same time. Often switching to a harder pad like a decent semi-metalic pad can fix that groaning sound. It seems more prevalent on some makes than others. I haven't heard of the Wrangler to be more susceptible to this than most,though.

Reactions: Thedogsbollocks
Do me a favor and make sure your rear axle pinion bolt isn't about to fall off. I know this is a long shot, but the one time I had a 'grind / whine / rumble noise when nearing a stop' was when my pinion bolt decided to loosen and allow the pinion gear to contact the carrier. It eventually imploded.

I hope this isn't your issue, and doubt it is. But for peace of mind, just check and make sure.

Hey Dagger , did you ever get to the bottom of this noise. I have the same thing. I don’t think it drive line related. I think it’s def’ up front. Never happens when braking at any speed in fact no other time Other than when moving real slow (crawling / creeping with brake on) just before stopping. In fact , if you brake and bring to complete stop using moderate pressure it never happens. Only happens if in drive and let brake off slowly or conversely bring to halt slowly and then only right before stop. ( It sounds like an old creaking floorboard)
I’ve checked everything and cannot diagnose it. If I concentrate and come off brakes smartly it never happens or if I keep consistent firm pressure on brake and bring to stop never happens.

just wondering how you are getting on with this. Interestingly it doesn’t seem to get any worse...it’s just there?

@dagger2691 @Thedogsbollocks, any luck? I'm having the same issue

New here - searched for this symptom and brought me here. My local Jeep experts have not been able to identify the source of the problem after a few visits. Frustrated.

Any conclusions ever made here?