Georgia Group Ride - 7/27/24 Earls Ford & Goldmine (Willis Knob) - Clayton, GA

FirstTimeJeeper

As the title says- Group ride time!! Let's meet up and have some fun! Be sure to tag anyone else that wants to join in this thread.
So let's start organizing this- Can everybody chime in as to where they are coming from so we can come up with a general meet up spot?

Consensus looks to be Saturday, 7/27. Let's figure out an area, then we'll get time nailed down.
I'm in Sugar Hill (Buford/Suwanee/Flowery Branch area). My route to this trail goes straight up 985N to Clayton.

@red02tj
@RangerTJ
@John Cooper
@tr21triton

And tag anyone else that wants to join!

So everyone can see where it is in relation- I'm coming from the yellow star in the middle lower right. The drive from my house to the front of the trail is about an hour and twenty. Not a bad drive at all. (would be an hour 10 if the damn jeep went over 65 lol). You see Earls Ford up there in the top right at the red balloon.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 9.26.40 AM.png

Reactions: tr21triton
I can meet folks at the Gainesville exit on 985/23.

It's 4 minutes longer for me to go that way instead of through Clarkesville.

4 minutes is worth having backup Jeeps in case mine decides to act like a Chrysler product 😁

No, that's coming in on the South Carolina side, We're coming in from Clayton- Basically 985/23/441 to Warwoman. It's literally straight up and hang a right. You're coming from the perimeter, so looks like we can pick each other up at 985/Friendship Rd and then we'll grab @RangerTJ a few more exits up in Gainesville. And then @trojandawg can pick us up just a little further up in Lula (985 @ Lula Rd?) (y)

Last edited:
No, that's coming in on the South Carolina side, We're coming in from Clayton- Basically 985/23/441 to Warwoman. It's literally straight up and hang a right. You're coming from the perimeter, so looks like we can pick each other up at 985/Friendship Rd and then we'll grab @RangerTJ a few more exits up in Gainesville. And then @trojandawg can pick us up just a little further up in Lula (985 @ Lula Rd?) (y)

That works. I live about 4 miles from the intersection of 365/52. What time are we thinking?

As far as time goes, I'm typically the type that likes to be at the trail head by 10/10:30. But I'm up for whatever the majority decides, I know we might have some people driving in from a little ways out. I'm easy- it's a day in the woods for me, I'm single, no kids- so I have nowhere else to be that day! lol

I figure make our way to the end of the trail, it stops and overlooks the Chattooga River, have lunch, wheel our way back out and then shoot up a few more miles to Goldmine and ride that trail the rest of the day.

10 works for me but lets see if any of the Alabama guys are coming. we might have to make it later because its a pretty long drive for them plus there a hour behind us. not to mention the fact that most can't even read a watch :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: trojandawg
10 works for me but lets see if any of the Alabama guys are coming. we might have to make it later because its a pretty long drive for them plus there a hour behind us. not to mention the fact that most can't even read a watch :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That reminds me of an old Bob Hope joke he told back in his troop tour days - so here's a visual reference for our neighbors, Bama- when Mickey looks like this, you should be there- :cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

619AW24lzJL._AC_UY900_.jpg

That reminds me of an old Bob Hope joke he told back in his troop tour days - so here's a visual reference for our neighbors, Bama- when Mickey looks like this, you should be there- :cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 539841

But wait, the angle of the watch..., the length of the arms...

Which is the short hand and which is the long hand?

I'm so confused. I need to go debate somebody.