Half door doesn’t fit

kiwi

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
6EB9BE53-2FE6-4D63-A0C3-B12C9C2B181E.jpeg
19B42548-DA92-47E9-B97F-79CD7D4A566F.jpeg
Picked up some half doors, the drivers side fits but the passenger side doesn’t slide all the way down on the hinge. It just needs to move down a bit more to get the latch to work, but it doesn’t seem to want to move down, and i can’t notice anything blocking it from moving down any more. Any ideas?

6EB9BE53-2FE6-4D63-A0C3-B12C9C2B181E.jpeg

What's the back story here? Did you just buy these half doors? Any issues with the doors that they're replacing? Did you have a hard time getting the pins on the half door to drop through both hinges? Does the other side fit fine?

What's the back story here? Did you just buy these half doors? Any issues with the doors that they're replacing? Did you have a hard time getting the pins on the half door to drop through both hinges? Does the other side fit fine?
Yes just got them today. No issues with the full doors i’ve used previously. No issue getting the pins to drop through. The other side fits fine

Not yet. Will try that next if nobody has any other ideas.
That is the way to fix it, all doors have to be adjusted to each individual Jeep.

Loosen the hinges just slightly, move the door up or down till it closes, the snug the hinges down and try the door again. Took me all of 5 minutes to do both my doors.

Reactions: kiwi
That is the way to fix it, all doors have to be adjusted to each individual Jeep.

Loosen the hinges just slightly, move the door up or down till it closes, the snug the hinges down and try the door again. Took me all of 5 minutes to do both my doors.
Thanks. Do u think i should heat the bolts on the hinges before attempting to loosen?

Reactions: John Cooper
Looks like the lower hinge is stopping the door from setting all the way down. As the others have said, loosen the lower first and see if she drops down. If not loosen both hinges and align as needed

Looks like the lower hinge is stopping the door from setting all the way down. As the others have said, loosen the lower first and see if she drops down. If not loosen both hinges and align as needed
Probably wouldn't hurt, looks like they still have factory paint on them, or insert the torx bit and whack it with a hammer.

I broke a torx bit on my 1/2 doors using a ratchet (lowes replaced it) then I used my 3/8 drive impact and the other came right out.

Countersunk bolts like those have a lot of surface friction keeping them snug plus the paint. I prefer an impact and a VERY firm pressure into the bolt to loosen. You’ll probably only get one good shot at getting it loose before stripping the head. Straight in pressure and an impact. No heat or your paint will suffer.

Reactions: John Cooper