Half door interior panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddydogno1

Found some right-color half doors at a yard locally, including what I think are Bestop uppers with glass sliders. Picked them up only to find they didn't have INTERIOR PANELS. Talked to my sales guy and he didn't know they didn't have panels and is looking for a set for me.

In the meantime...if anyone has a spare set they can part with locally, or shipped reasonably, I'd be interested. Don't care what color and they don't have to be perfect. Thanks!

Tacoma/Olympia WA

Rob

That's a tough one. I would look on www.car-parts.com That's where all junkyards list their stuff now. It's like a national database. I doubt they have any listed. But you might try the better junkyards listing stuff near you.

Or even farther. Freight is pretty cheap these days. I bought a set of seats from a junkyard a state away. And it was only about a hundred for shipping. Panels would be crazy cheap. Also check Davy's Jeep Parts. I think that's the name. There out in the midwest and have alot of parts.

Also use Search Tempest for searching CL nationwide. It takes about ten minutes to search the entire US. But worth it if your looking for something as rare as this. And set up saved searches on CL as much as you can. If anything comes up matching your search terms they email it to you. A very effective way of finding things.

Even full door panels are hard to come by. Half door panels are going to be even harder to find. You may have to find a thrashed set of half doors. And take the panels off of them.

ARe the panels completely missing or damaged? There are some excellent threads on fixing the normal crack at the top of door panels that form after many years. Mine have a two inch crack on each side. It's easy to fix with some epoxy and fiberglass cloth.

Good news! While the sale guy never located the door panels for me, I tried a different search at car-part.com and came up with a hit AT ONE OF THEIR LOCATIONS! I called and gave him the info and he just let me know that they are waiting for me to pick up. The pics of the wreck online looked good, I think, but I won't know for sure until I can go get them. Of course, they are a good distance away AND they are only open 8:30 - 5 M - F.

Rob

This is the search that yielded results on car-part.com

Status
Not open for further replies.