Hardtop wiring kit

Weasellee

Jeep idiot
Supporting Member
I found this on marketplace. Good price? Does anyone know if it will work with an 05 rubicon?

39C19ABE-EE2E-4E46-AEE8-9C2637406188.png

700DFD70-FDE3-4ED2-951C-1BD644C3CDA8.png

The plug and receptacle for the top connection is different between the early and later years. The kit you linked is for the early style and your Jeep is the later style.

I tha
The plug and receptacle for the top connection is different between the early and later years. The kit you linked is for the early style and your Jeep is the later style.

I thank you. It seems if the too is older this kit would work then ?

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Sweet thanks. I’m gonna try to get it shipped

These kits are extremely rare. You are lucky to have found it. You should jump on it at that price. You can get a plug adaptor for $28 if you need it. This will definitely work for your Jeep. Here's the adaptor you will need if you have a newer top (no vents).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1856373830...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

So to confirm the only different is the hardtop plug. Otherwise all other plugs will work in my 05? I actually have the older model top with the ventilators

So to confirm the only different is the hardtop plug. Otherwise all other plugs will work in my 05? I actually have the older model top with the ventilators

Ugh....now you have me second guessing myself. I'll try to research to see if there is more than one kit.

I’m trying to set it up w the seller Also trying to figure out all the other connectors. Can’t find much info on this kit

You won't need anything else. The instructions aren't great. I made my own version of this kit from a donor harness. If you are able to get it, I and others on here will be able to help with any questions about installation.

Reactions: Weasellee
Long shot, but do you still happen to have this harness, and/or willing to sell it?

I still have the one I bought on marketplace and never installed. It’s for my sons ‘06
If you need me to look at anything on it i can. I guess it could be for sale i could ask him.

I still have the one I bought on marketplace and never installed. It’s for my sons ‘06
If you need me to look at anything on it i can. I guess it could be for sale i could ask him.

I just bought an 05 and looking to get the hard top wired up. I know yours is for the older ones, but I think it still gets me a lot closer to where I am now. Let me know if he's interested in selling.

It was so much simpler for me to wire the wiper to a switch, install an aftermarket timer for the defrost and wire to an OEM plug. I get the stock OE but man getting everything and the install..

It was so much simpler for me to wire the wiper to a switch, install an aftermarket timer for the defrost and wire to an OEM plug. I get the stock OE but man getting everything and the install..

Did you look at the kit I purchased for under $200?