Heater controls effecting instrument cluster

63belair

Hello everyone thank you for the add, I have had numerous TJ’s over the years and I am currently working on a 1997 sport six cylinder five-speed. The problem I’m having is with the dash lights and gauges sometimes they work fine other times they do goofy things including when I change the heater control from defrost to floor the dash lights change in different directions. I have had similar issues with the cluster before on a different jeep and I remove the cluster clean the pins and gave them a little tweak and everything was OK after that this one does not seem as if that is fixing the situation. I have checked and wiggled wires like crazy this jeep does not seem to have any aftermarket add-ons to where nobody has been into the harness at all any help would be appreciative. The hazard lights will come on at random and when I turn the fan on high they turn signal flasher makes a buzzing sound. When the fan works everything else works as well
F2D28552-DCCE-4665-93AA-13961729A11D.jpeg

I'd look for some sort of short. Check all your grounds too, though that seems unlikely. Can you have a buddy work the heater controls while you have a multimeter on the back of the controls and see if any spikes in voltage are being caused. I've been able to fix a ghost electrical problem by pulling every fuse, wipe with alcohol and replace. Have no idea why it works. If the ghost continues slowly work and bend and wiggle all the wiring harness bit by bit with your buddy watching for problems. Hope something helps.