Help !! Engine knock

Ol Blue

TJ Enthusiast
So... my Jeep starting making a knocking noise. It’s only on cold start ups it last for a minute or two then everything seems fine afterwards. What could it be ?

Can you take a video during the day. It’s hard to tell what area it’s coming from because of the darkness. What year is your Jeep? That’s not what an engine knock sounds like, but something is going on. Post a better video.

Its hard to tell from the video. The fact that it is not a steady rhythmic sounds and that it goes away after warm up makes me think of an exhaust leak.

From the sound my first thought is belt or fan. Do to it going away after it warms. Might the fan clutch.

Never heard an engine knock that was like that.

Well I hope everyone is right about it not being a engine issue. Jeep is running great after those few minutes of cold start up! Just worried I had an engine issue. I just spend all my money on a regear and Sl for the rear Dana 44. I’m running 10w-30 valvovine yellow bottle with mopar oil filter. Just changed the oil and put a quart of mmo cause I’m in panic mode.
Thanks for the help

View attachment 59425 View attachment 59424 View attachment 59423 So.... I know I’m late to the game but have been super busy lately. I ended up changing my oil a few times...seems to be ok I drove it all the way to the rubicon trail early August and back. Unfortunately we only made it to the 1.5 marker. We lost one rig at the gatekeeper (overheated ) and the second short of the 1.5 marker ( power steering) ol blue did great though!