Help identifying rear differential carrier

Brian 97 TJ

Can someone help identify this carrier? It appears to be a locking diff as both wheels turn the same direction. It is a 3.07 ratio in a 97 TJ, that much I know. Thanks!

8E072654-81E3-45A7-B3C3-0D306902A15E.jpeg

6956CD54-52D9-414B-9ED8-D0908EDFE997.jpeg

CB265511-4776-4AB1-91B8-D6AF84A6EA4F.jpeg

49E7C171-FB14-4D1D-A5B1-066C48B6ABDD.jpeg

That's a Dana 35 axle and the 3rd & 4th photos confirm it has a TracLoc limited slip differential. Not a locker. Spinning one side will spin the other tire the same direction with both that type of LSD and a locker.

That's a Dana 35 axle and the 3rd & 4th photos confirm it has a TracLoc limited slip differential. Not a locker. Spinning one side will spin the other tire the same direction with both that type of LSD and a locker.
Would this be a factory option or aftermarket? Are they quality units?

The Tracloc LSD was a factory option. It is clutch-pack based, the downside to that is that the clutch pack seldom lasts longer than 45-50k miles. When the clutch pack is in good condition it works well for slick street conditions or slick trails when they are mostly level. They're not considered to be good for offroad trails that are uneven enough to lift a tire away from the surface.

The Dana 35 carrier on the left is open, the one on the right is a TracLoc carrier.

Dana 35, Traclok, 3.07. The TL is just an ok limited slip. The 35 version uses fairly small clutches so it isn't very aggressive or long lasting. Pics aren't super clear but looks like there may be some chipping of the side gears. Double check those. Once they start to go they are done; the hardening has been breached so they will rapidly come apart.

Thanks to all for info. The Jeep has 167k and is a project so I have only moved in barn. The diff cover has been off for sure but no way to tell if clutches have been replaced. I do know that two guys can not turn wheels opposite direction so it does function. The gears do show some wear but I did not see any chips. I’ll inspect further before I put cover back on.