Help installing Stedi Homage replacement headlights

AdelaideTJ

I am trying to install Stedi Homage replacement headlights into my 05 Wrangler TJ, however my TJ seems to have a small bulb on a separate circuit for its parking light.

20230130_162012.jpg

The Stedi unit has a standard three prong plug and a blue wire coming off for DRL. I unplugged the extra bulb and installed the headlamp however only get a low and high beam. The parking light setting does nothing.

20230130_162115.jpg

Hoping for some assistance with how to wire this thing so I can have all three light settings working

Awesome, can I just remove the bulb and splice it in there instead with a basic connector? I am not super across auto electronics yet. Bought my TJ to learn electronics, mechanics and everything else car related.

You'll have a positive and negative wire on the small loom going to the old parking light.

Looks like a blue and black wire, the blue will be the positive wire. Just cut and splice into that one, remember you won't get power to that wire unless you turn on your parking lamps.

The Stedi inserts look good.

The DRL only has a positive wire, so yes you only need that. Check it all works and then just snip off the original light fitting.

I'd just use some heat shrink or electrical tape and tape up the old earth to the outside of the positive wire so it doesn't hang. That allows you to go back to standard if you feel the need at a later date.