Help me straighten out my tracking

RMETeeJay

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Short version:
I need to correct my front and rear tracking after a body/spring lift. Take a look at my Jeep's profile and let me know what you would recommend.

For the front, I know I could just install washers on the stops or wheel spacers, but I'd like to deal with the sway bar link stress. I am thinking that I want the Currie CE-9120TJS for this. Does this seem like a good choice? Will I need to drill the axle side hole for this model? Anything else I should be looking at?

For the rear, it seems like the OME FKWTJ02 relocation bracket with stock track bar would be the way to go. Does this seem like a good choice (I have read about the bracket cracking for some)? Would I still need the FK16 Bump Stop Spacer Kit with my body lift? Anything else I should be looking at?

Long version:
I need to tap in to the forum's collective experience & wisdom for correcting tracking for a mild lift. I have K02 31s on stock Dana 30/Dana 44 axles and I don't plan to change any of that (mild rig).

Last year, I installed the following on it:
  • Savvy 1.25" BL & 1" MML (Motor Mount Lift)
  • ZJ steering upgrade
  • OME 2932/2941
  • Rancho RS5000X (RS55128/RS55240)
I fully cycled the front & rear suspensions using the excellent how to thread by @fuse , and found that I only needed a couple of washers on the front cups. I've wheeled it this way since and have been happy with the additional clearance for the trails I like to run (no vibes).

However, I do have a few issues I'd like to correct:
  1. On the front:
    1. I do get tire rub on the passenger side.
    2. My Antirock links are not as straight as they could be and you can tell that there is some unhealthy stress on the passenger side link.
  2. On the rear:
    1. My OCD is telling me to get this tracking in the middle (if for no other reason to have the tires under the fenders to catch mud).
For the front, I know I could just install washers on the stops or wheel spacers, but I'd like to deal with the sway bar link stress. I am thinking that I want the Currie CE-9120TJS for this. Does this seem like a good choice? Will I need to drill the axle side hole for this model? Anything else I should be looking at?

For the rear, it seems like the OME FKWTJ02 relocation bracket with stock track bar would be the way to go. Does this seem like a good choice (I have read about the bracket cracking for some)? Would I still need the FK16 Bump Stop Spacer Kit with my body lift? Anything else I should be looking at?

Last edited:
Both are good solutions. For me I just looked at the front antisway bar for the change in where the frame bushings rub marks changed. Won't work for you. Just measure from the brake rotor to a center point between the frame rails to find where the axle should be positioned. No harder than doing an alignment.
Easiest way I know of is to take it and get a four wheel alignment done. That will give you a printout of exactly where your axles are running side to side and even if they are slightly crooked. Easy to adjust them from there.

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Thanks, @Goatman

For the front, I also see this option from TNT Customs. They claim that:
The other guys like to utilize the factory frame side mount that can only take so much angle, before their joint (be a heim joint, ball joint, or flex joint) binds and fails. We have even seen these rip the cast mount off of the frame! Our trackbar swings with the travel of the axle, never in a bind. Rebuildable flex joints at BOTH ends, that will last the life of the Jeep.
https://www.tntcustoms.com/jeep_parts/jeep_tj_track_bar_system_97_06_wrangler_tj_lj_tnt_customs
For the rear, I realize that I could also just go with an adjustable track bar. I've thought about doing a tuck down the line, so I'm thinking that might be a better investment.

Go with a good quality front track bar like from Currie, TNT is making some claims there that don't really hold up except for the stock track bar or a really shitty aftermarket track bar. Currie's front track bar has way more flex/misalignment ability than even really well built Jeeps can push it to. Currie's just requires a slightly larger hole for its larger/stronger mounting bolt for the driver's side mount.

Thanks, @Jerry Bransford I would rather do it right the first time.

The only thing I'm concerned about with the Currie is having to add bumpstop extension to avoid hitting the front diff cover (I have a 2" spring/1.25" body lift). I've read that the Metalcloak track bar will clear it fine without bumpstop extension.