Help with identifying long arm suspension and other goodies

Tim Nash

BE5C7064-39E8-4D06-8665-67465E6F698F.png
14F748F7-FEE8-4780-B099-DD4D05CC87A2.jpeg
6CC611F6-73DA-44F6-89A9-9F017536CEB5.png
12E1EB68-A83F-4CE4-A3E9-B64AE59DED8A.png
tossing around the idea of buying a Jeep with a long arm and other upgrades. I need help from y’all. I have videos that the CO sent. Car lot. They know nothing about the Jeep. From what I can tell it has a Clayton long arm on it. Need some sharp eyes to spot some other goodies. I believe I spy a Dana 44 front too. Fairly new to this so be gentle. Lol. Thanks for the help. I have a few videos to send.

That's a Clayton long-arm and you couldn't pay me to have another Jeep with a bolt-on long arm suspension like that. Like the bolt-on Rubicon Express long-arm that I installed onto my previous TJ. My present TJ with its 4" short-arm Currie suspension does EVERYTHING better and it rides just as well. For a mid-length or long-arm suspension to work well it needs a lot of work & setup time. Bolt-on long-arms just don't work well despite their glowing descriptions in their ads. And pay no attention to their claims that they "ride better" than a short arm suspension does. That's complete BS as the arm angles of a short-arm at the commonly installed lift heights aren't steep enough to make the ride bad as the long-arm manufacturers want everyone to believe.

Well I guess there was one thing my previous TJ's long-arms did better and that was to get hung up on the rocks far more easily. The red Jeep (stolen ten years ago) below was mine. The green Jeep belongs to a guy named Wade I was wheeling with who also used to run long arms. All of the other pics are of my previous TJ. The magazine page is the one time my TJ made a magazine... of course the pic was of one of the front long arms being hung up on a rock.

Longarms hung up in JV.JPG
CIMG2604.JPG
CIMG2607.JPG
LongArmsForWhenYouReallyHav.jpg
4WP-Magazine-page.jpg

Last edited:
That's a Clayton long-arm and you couldn't pay me to have another Jeep with a bolt-on long arm suspension like that. Like the bolt-on Rubicon Express long-arm that I installed onto my previous TJ. My present TJ with its 4" short-arm Currie suspension does EVERYTHING better and it rides just as well. For a mid-length or long-arm suspension to work well it needs a lot of work & setup time. Bolt-on long-arms just don't work well despite their glowing descriptions in their ads. And pay no attention to their claims that they "ride better" than a short arm suspension does. That's complete BS as the arm angles of a short-arm at the commonly installed lift heights aren't steep enough to make the ride bad as the long-arm manufacturers want everyone to believe.

Well I guess there was one thing my previous TJ's long-arms did better and that was to get hung up on the rocks far more easily. The red Jeep (stolen ten years ago) below was mine. The green Jeep belongs to a guy named Wade I was wheeling with who also used to run long arms. All of the other pics are of my previous TJ. The magazine page is the one time my TJ made a magazine... of course the pic was of one of the front long arms being hung up on a rock.View attachment 48176 View attachment 48177 View attachment 48178 View attachment 48179 View attachment 48180
Thanks for the insight!