HF under hood light power adapter

Mac, if you are known for "breaking shit"; maybe you might want to buy more heavy duty shit ?? Just sayin.

1692640027099.png

Reactions: macleanflood
And I'm guessing the input requirements are not printed on the light itself? I have an orange crate filled with wall chargers and power supplies, once in awhile I'll get lucky too.

And I'm guessing the input requirements are not printed on the light itself? I have an orange crate filled with wall chargers and power supplies, once in awhile I'll get lucky too.

Same. I have a USB to barrel connector that fits...but that's 5v and it's not charging. Guessing since it's 7.4v that's what it wants.

-Mac

You're going to need a Li-ion charger at 8.4 volts and since your battery is rated at 5200 mah you can go up to 5.2 amps or 5200 ma on the charge current but the inexpensive 8.4 volt Li-ion wall chargers are only going to be in the 1000 ma range which means it will take a little over 5 hours to charge your light from dead. HF says it charges in 2H 45Min but that's either not fully depleted with a cheap charger or fully depleted with a 1500-1600 ma charger. Do not charge over 8.4 volts as it could overheat and be sure the charger is for Li-ion, and that the input voltage is OK on 120 volts.

https://www.amazon.com/8-4v-charger/s?k=8.4v+charger

Reactions: macleanflood
Order a 8.4v adapter from Amazon and that was a bust...none of the plugs fit.

Then I went on a cleaning tear on my garage... mostly digging out my can/bottle recycling trash can so we can use it for shop construction...and low and behold it was sitting on top of the can buried under a pile of lifting straps.

Picture with specs below. Thanks for the help!

IMG20230826093556.jpg

Reactions: sab and John Cooper