Hood / bonnet rub strips

chopper007

Hi Guys, gave her a good clean today and noticed the Hood is rubbing into the top of the fender, is this as simple as replacing the strips that run down the sides of the hood ? I'm in the UK is anyone can point me in the right direction, or suggest a better solution that the hard jeep one.

IMG_1072.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

I would think your hood needs adjusting. Check the rubber bumpers under the front of the hood. See if they are there, may be able to adjust those. Also is there a rubber pad under the hood latches that the hood rests on there?

It looks like your fender is bent up a little, or your bonnet is bent down a little. Put a straightedge on them to see which needs straightening.

IMG_1074.jpg

Hi Guys, gave her a good clean today and noticed the Hood is rubbing into the top of the fender, is this as simple as replacing the strips that run down the sides of the hood ? I'm in the UK is anyone can point me in the right direction, or suggest a better solution that the hard jeep one.

View attachment 538786

View attachment 538787

After checking for the bumpers beside the latches, then remove that goofy plastic trim from the lower edge of the hood. That's what is rubbing on the fender and unless it is an export thing, it didn't come that way. None of the US models have that crap on the hood.

Reactions: oldjeepman
After checking for the bumpers beside the latches, then remove that goofy plastic trim from the lower edge of the hood. That's what is rubbing on the fender and unless it is an export thing, it didn't come that way. None of the US models have that crap on the hood.

ok here is what I have under the hood, I have put a small extra bit of foam rubber on the store by the RHS hood clamp to raise it a little, that said everything hood fastnerwise looks factory and done see where I would adjust that RHS up a little.
Anyway, let me know if it looks like I'm missing any stops etc.. cheers

IMG_1081.jpeg
IMG_1080.jpeg
IMG_1079.jpeg
IMG_1078.jpeg
IMG_1077.jpeg
IMG_1076.jpeg

ok here is what I have under the hood, I have put a small extra bit of foam rubber on the store by the RHS hood clamp to raise it a little, that said everything hood fastnerwise looks factory and done see where I would adjust that RHS up a little.
Anyway, let me know if it looks like I'm missing any stops etc.. cheers

View attachment 539077View attachment 539078View attachment 539079View attachment 539080View attachment 539081View attachment 539082

This crap is what is rubbing on the fender. It didn't come that way from the factory.
1719761035278.png

Reactions: Zorba