How do I find information about my Jeep?

Good morning, I checked the VIN 5 times and it comes up with the same build sheet. The Jeep came with a 3spd auto, whom ever changed it did me a favor. I looked at the trans and it had a tag that read something about Syracuse something or other like it was built there. So now I need to find out what kind of trans it is. How would I do that.
The sure fire way is to crawl underneath and take a look at it to verify

Reactions: MajiJeepTJ
Isn’t there a build sheet in the jeep somewhere?
Not unless someone left one under the seat.;)
Jeep Rubicon window sticker.jpg

• Face Palm
I live in Va now and Southerners hate it (me). They prefer to talk crap about you after you walk away. I like telling people what I really think about them to their face.
Oh, like smile in your face and talk their shit after, hate that. I tell my team at work if you have an issue come to me because it will be worse if I find out through gossip. I view people like that as cowards.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Not unless someone left one under the seat.;)View attachment 214335
Not unless someone left one under the seat.;)View attachment 214335
That’s the window sticker. What I’m talking about is a sheet of paper from the factory that had all the info on the car. My only experience with this is from mopars from the early 70’s & back. So it’s possible it’s just a Chrysler thing. It was always in the springs on the upper part of the back seat. I’ve been told they also put them above the glove box, but I never looked.

That’s the window sticker. What I’m talking about is a sheet of paper from the factory that had all the info on the car. My only experience with this is from mopars from the early 70’s & back. So it’s possible it’s just a Chrysler thing. It was always in the springs on the upper part of the back seat. I’ve been told they also put them above the glove box, but I never looked.
I was just joking with you.:) The build sheet has to be obtained through Jeep. Instant or emailed.

I obtained data sheets for my '88 MJ and '89 XJ and an old '95 XJ I owned from the dealership Parts Department. I provided my V.I.N. and they printed it out on the spot. In each case I was buying parts when I asked. I don't know if they'd be as helpful if you just walked in for that purpose.
As above ^ ^
Just gave the VIN to the Parts Dept. . . . . printed out the complete Build Sheet - Standard/Optional equipment.
Have done this with my Dodge/Cummins trucks also.
It takes a few minutes, no charge.

Fyi. I emailed FCA for my 97 build sheet and a bunch of stuff came back wrong. Color, wheels, top. It was a great detailed reply, but wrong.
Just went to dealership this week, they did it no problem . 1998 tj built 10 / 97.