How do you clean your Jeep?

59 wagon man

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
seems easy enough .I've washed hundreds of cars but I've washed the jeep 5 times now using 3 different kinds of soap and brushes and it still has mud in places that only seem to show when it is dry. had a lot of fun at jeepfest 15 and would recommend it for everyone
the before and after photos

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Auto shampoo, a sheepskin glove, a bucket with one of those grit guard things, and a large waffle weave towel to dry it.

Reactions: xXshutterflyXx
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N3W8J0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I use 2 one in a soap bucket and one in a wash bucket (google 2 bucket method)...they let the dirt settle to the bottom so it does not embed back in the mitt or brush.....If I am really cleaning after wash and dry, I clay bar, then do various paint correction as needed with my DA buffer

I use a high powered gas pressure washer with different nozzles. Works like a charm for getting anything off!

things always seem to go backwards for me, as i was driving up to Daytona there was a tornado warning right where i was headed. luckily it was only a severe storm warning by the time we collided with up to 3" hail and torrential rain. i was towing the jeep so i didn't get wet but the tuffy floor mats were full when i pulled over. by the time i got to Daytona everything was dry. jeep looked really nice and shiny. now even under the hood is on its 4th wash. should've rained on the way home but no a perfect sunny day

The soil/mud in that area may have been acidic? I left some splattered insects once on my front grill too long that slightly discolored the paint still to this day years later. If you can't get it out consider it a trail badge :) I would rather have trail scars on my Jeep versus door-dings from the inconsiderate!

Last edited:
Grit guard things?
It is one of these that fit in a 5 gallon bucket.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FIRSET8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I use two buckets one with Maguires gold soap and the other with the grit guard, I also use a new micro fiber glove just about every wash depending on how dirty the rig was when I washed.

Usually I start with a pressure washer to get most of the big stuff off first and try and keep my gloves as clean as possible.

I take my TJ on a bumpy road to shake some of the dirt loose.
Perfect! You guys in California really need to conserve water.

5 gallon bucket, wash and wax soap (what evers in the garage), a wash mitt, a hose, and a high pressure sprinkler for the underside. Water the grass while I'm at it. The SE doesn't stay clean long enough to put a lot of effort into washing it. The big chunks get knocked off with a hose after a serious road trip and she's good to go until the next time out.

Surprised nobody has mentioned using a foam gun.

I actually did but I called it a soap gun on @jeep_boss's paint thread.

I always start my wash with a pressure washer and then a foam gun and then a rinse. Then I hand wash and hand dry, then wax with Maguires paste wax and, aerospace 301 on the black parts. It is quite the adventure, but looks good when finished
jeeptires.jpg

These hook up to your garden hose. With the proper soap, they really suds up the substrate to help remove surface contamination. IMO, it's a little overkill for jeep cleaning. I usually just pressure wash mine in the winter when it gets nasty, and save the hand washing for the summer when the top is off.

https://www.autogeek.net/auhagafogun.html