Hybrid Wrangler

Not much information out there yet. I’m interested in the engineering aspect of it.

From my little knowledge of electronics, I’m pretty sure that water and electricity don’t mix well. How will the battery affect the river fording capabilities when off-road?

From my little knowledge of electronics, I’m pretty sure that water and electricity don’t mix well. How will the battery affect the river fording capabilities when off-road?
Great question. We’ll find out as soon as they’re for sale and someone does it.

I'd be open to a hybrid Wrangler if it's done well, but only if they make it available in a 2-door version.

That being said, I've driven the same Jeep for the last 13 years and I don't anticipate having any reason to replace it anytime soon, no matter what new stuff they come out with.

The idea of being able to run off electric if I wanted to save gas is a nice idea, but I just want that capability in my TJ. 😂

It just comes down to how well things are insulated. Current gas cars still run using electric batteries when going through water.

Extension cords limit your distance . Terrible idea.

If/when I see charging stations on my favorite trails, Ima just hang it up.

Odd thought... would an e-Jeep have a gas powered winch?

Electric over Hydraulic?