I don't get it

CRGR

CRGR
Supporting Member
The Woodlands/Galveston TX, United States
So I saw a guy in the Lowes parking lot yesterday. Asked him about his winch as I'm in the market for one. He says 'oh it's not really a winch - it's just the shell of one'. No motor I guess. Guess what model Jeep he was driving....

I'm not normally one to bash people on Jeep accessory choices (except that awful windshield cowl, lol), but that's just silly.
I mean, really...
I don't know how I would've responded if someone had told me that they had a fake winch.

Maybe he was messing with me but I don't think so. Why would someone even say it was just for show if it wasn't true? I really think he was dead serious and didn't think anything of it. He thinks it made it look cool. Not that he even foes off road I'm assuming but imagine if he did and got stuck or someone needed a pull? Uh-oh....

:facepalm: Goes right along with lifts, 35's, body armor, yet has never been off road. The big question; was he sportin a Hi Lift and bumper shackles. Maybe we are being too hasty in our disdain :qmeparto:

Reactions: StG58 and Stinger
Wow... Did you check it out up close? Was it really fake, or do you think he was just being a smart ass?

Wish I could have seen that in person!

Guess you could rig up a boom and hoist shopping bags with it. Maybe drag a non-handicap car out of the handicap parking spot.
That's the spirit! I've really wanted to adjust the parking style of a few cars taking up several spots. ...or the ones blocking the free flow of traffic with their four ways on and not a soul in sight. There's lots of uses for a winch at a shopping mall.

Reactions: Chris
I'd just use it to pull people out of the spots right at the front. Then I'd proceed to take their spots from them, haha!

Reactions: Reign Mack