I drove 10 hours yesterday to get some half doors, here’s why...

Doors and panels are a bitch. I drove 5 hours for black on agate full doors once. Only to find out they didn't match the pics. I was so tired from driving my then shitty driving Jeep that far. I just said yes. And bought them anyway. Thinking i would get the panels fixed and have the doors repainted.

Now i wish i had passed. And personally visited more junkyards. I think eventually i will just buy some nicer ones. And sell these.

This was after getting ripped off on a completely trashed set that i paid for with friends and family on paypal. No refunds if u pay that way.

I originally had half doors. But couldnt stand the plastic windows. Screw that. You cant see out of them well enough to navigate traffic. At least here in LA.

I used sem paint and adhesion promoter on my flares and exterior plastic. Very happy with results. But always do a final wipe down with them hanging. As one drop of sweat f'd one of my flares up. Prep is king. I think alot of guys get away with using lesser paint. Simply because they prep right.

I saw this Jeep for sale on facebook today and the photo reminded me of my experience with trying to paint plastic interior pieces. I guess if you never touch them or rest your arm on the paint...

View attachment 226708
Can always glue a piece of vinyl to take the blunt of the rubbing away from the paint. Maybe even a bit of foam backing to make it comfortable.