I'm seriously thinking about getting a Rubicon 392

Its my understanding that they already have a lift and beadlock ready wheels. I really like the wheels by the way.
Rubicons come with an additional lift over the non rubicons. As far as the 392 goes I do not know if its taller yet. Reading the promotional details it mentions an additional 1.5" on rubicons so I'm assuming that's additional to the current rubicon not sport.

The cool thing for the 2 door manual crowd is that the v6 will get factory 35s w/4.88 gears pushing it to a crawl ratio of 100:1.

Rubicons come with an additional lift over the non rubicons. As far as the 392 goes I do not know if its taller yet. Reading the promotional details it mentions an additional 1.5" on rubicons so I'm assuming that's additional to the current rubicon not sport.

The cool thing for the 2 door manual crowd is that the v6 will get factory 35s w/4.88 gears pushing it to a crawl ratio of 100:1.
I've watched a few videos. One had a JLUR with 35's next to a completely stock 392 (on 33's) parked next to each other. The 392 was taller.

Is the 4.88 gearing a rumor or confirmed?

Official. Here is jeeps press release
Screenshot_20210714-145723_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210714-145729_Chrome.jpg

In a nutshell, they prefer the tuned v8 and trans they have. They didn't like the front CV's and full time 4wd TC.

Also, they made sure to plug for their own America's most wanted engine swap. - which I would assume subsidized the cost of the swap.
He’s not entirely wrong

He’s not entirely wrong
I dont doubt that. A factory warranty goes a long way though for most people. Also, litebrite does a hell of a lot more technical trails then 99.9% of JL owners. Should be fun to see them once they get the bronco.

I'm more concerned with the potential wheel speed of the 392 with 37s on stock 44s. I won't be shocked if we start hearing about breaking and swapping axles soon.

Last edited:
I dont doubt that. A factory warranty goes a long way though for most people. Also, litebrite does a hell of a lot more technical trails then 99.9% of JL owners. Should be fun to see them once they get the bronco.

I'm more concerned with the potential wheel speed of the 392 with 37s on stock 44s. I won't be shocked if we start heading about breaking and swapping axles soon.
Agree

Someone put 37's on a stock 392 and they rubbed at full stuff and full turn. I honestly don't think I would go with 37's to begin with. 35 inch Ridge Grapplers would be my choice.

Someone put 37's on a stock 392 and they rubbed at full stuff and full turn. I honestly don't think I would go with 37's to begin with. 35 inch Ridge Grapplers would be my choice.
For the price you could get a full size truck on tons with 35’s and double the torque, just saying.

Reactions: Chris
Damn @Starrs ! I have not heard from you in a while and you drop that sweet link here! That thing is awesome! My browser seems messed up and I can't get much info on it. I doubt I would drop that kind of money on a vehicle with no warranty and some crazy ass electronics that I cant work on.

Damn @Starrs ! I have not heard from you in a while and you drop that sweet link here! That thing is awesome! My browser seems messed up and I can't get much info on it. I doubt I would drop that kind of money on a vehicle with no warranty and some crazy ass electronics that I cant work on.
I must have read your post wrong…I thought you wanted to buy a 392 lol they come with all the same electronics. Dakota customs did the hemi swap. I’m sure it is covered through them.

with the way the car market is and the "chip shortage" buying anything now is crazy!
I know. It has only been a week or two since I was telling a group of friends that I was thankful that I don't need to buy a house, a vehicle, tires etc etc but then I started looking into the 392.

Not too familiar either myself. First 2 door 392 I’ve come across tho. The 392 by itself is 35k for engine and labor. The jeep itself was roughly 44-45k. Whomever traded that in lost a bunch of money.
Kind of my thought. Seems like someone would lose some money on that and thats a bad sign.