Installing Outer Belt Glass Wipe Weatherstrip

bolplus

Hi, my Outer Belt Glass Wipe Weatherstrip is damaged so I want to install a new one.
Does anybody has an advise how to replace such strip?

do i need to remove the glass and or inner doorparts? Or can this be done in a different way?

please to hear your advises.

IF I understand your description.... you are referring to the rubber window molding that contacts the outside of the window when the window goes up and down.

As far as I know... to replace that part requires you to disassemble and remove the inside door panel, roll the window all the way down and replace the molding.

Reactions: Chris
I've done a few belts in other vehicles and they generally just are pulled up and out and clip back in. Looks like ours are the same way, you pull them up and out and the new one snaps in. If you get replacement belts just take a look at them, it will be obvious how they are installed. You shouldn't need to pull anything apart.

(anybody that calls them molding or anything else probably never bought them so they might not exactly know about how they are installed, don't know for sure but it's a possibility)

Reactions: DrDmoney