Installing Rusty's Off-Road Products Radiator Skid

That’s good. I was a little worried mine might hit, but ended up with about the thickness of a pencil between them like in the picture.
Right now I have a couple millimeters to spare. I would have to break out my feeler gauge to measure the gap.

I'm glad this thread got posted. I have a Rusty's sitting in the shed awaiting install. I received it a couple of weeks ago and tried to mock it up on the Jeep and couldn't get it above the pitman arm bolt. I believe if I turn the steering wheel and move the pitman arm completely to one side, I'll be able to get the skid in position. It will be a tight fit though......definitely not a pencil thickness space.

Well I got installed today. Pretty straight forward job. I did have to turn my wheels all the way driver so I could get the skid plate above the pitman arm bolt. Once everything is in place and tightened down, I was surprised to see basically a pencil width space between the pitman arm bolt and the skid plate!

IMG_0785.jpg

Well I got installed today. Pretty straight forward job. I did have to turn my wheels all the way driver so I could get the skid plate above the pitman arm bolt. Once everything is in place and tightened down, I was surprised to see basically a pencil width space between the pitman arm bolt and the skid plate!

View attachment 225008
Looks good! Currie tie rod end is begging for a shot of grease 😉

Last edited: