Internal frame treatment question

Deuxdiesel

TJ Enthusiast
Should I remove the trans support bolts before, after or not worry about it? I will be using the Eastwood product, and I am concerned that it may gunk up the bolts to the inserts.

Funny, I actually called Eastwood about this very question the other day. The tech on the phone said it's safe to use Eastwood internal coating on the nutserts, although I'd be curious to see if anyone has had experience trying to remove the skid plate after using the product.

I just treated the same way last week. I did not remove the bolts but then I don't have any plans to do anytime soon. I am attempting to get a strong light and mirror so I can see just how well it went. I use three cans total. Probably wouldn't hurt to add a fourth..

it does run like water. So make sure you put blanket or something underneath each hole where it will drip out. And wear gloves and a hat.

Also I put tape around the nozzle about an inch before and so I could tell when it was about to pop out of the hole and I would not spray myself in the face. I also taped a piece of wire so the plastic straw would not coil up inside.

After I treat it, I may just run them out one at a time and wipe off the stuff and add a dab of anti-seize.

After I treat it, I may just run them out one at a time and wipe off the stuff and add a dab of anti-seize.

I left the bolts half in to keep the paint from getting on the bolt or into the nutsert threads, then afterwards pulled them out, anti-seize on & put back. It didn't seem like a good idea to get any paint on the threads of the bolt or the nutsert even if they say it's ok, I'd rather just have clean threads with antiseize

If you have an endoscope it's pretty easy to get the bolts in the right position