Is my HVAC not blowing because of blown fuse?

Firecaige

The other day the cigarette lighter was not working so I tried to replace a fuse to get it to work. It did not work. Then after that my heat wouldn't blow no matter what setting you put it on. I tried replacing the fuse behind the glove department same thing it didnt work. Its a 99 wrangler with the 4.0. I have no clue why it would not be working.

Do you have a multimeter? Even a cheap HF one would be sufficient. If so, check that the selector switch for the blower motor is working, then move on to the blower motor itself. When you touch the leads to the two terminals on the motor you should get continuity. If not, the motor is bad. I just replaced mine, like $27 on amazon. For the cigarette lighter if the fuse didn't fix it I'd try the relay next and then probably suspect a bad socket.

Do you have a multimeter? Even a cheap HF one would be sufficient. If so, check that the selector switch for the blower motor is working, then move on to the blower motor itself. When you touch the leads to the two terminals on the motor you should get continuity. If not, the motor is bad. I just replaced mine, like $27 on amazon. For the cigarette lighter if the fuse didn't fix it I'd try the relay next and then probably suspect a bad socket.

How would you go about checking the selector switch

How would you go about checking the selector switch

Once you have the dash trim off, take out the screws that hold the A/C control panel out. Unplug the wire harness from the selector switch. You'll have to look at the harness to see which wire color goes to which terminal for the next part. Take your multimeter and set it to ohms, one lead will go on the switch terminal that connects to the Dark Green wire. This is the common that connects to each of the 4 settings, one lead will always stay here. Just to be clear, you're not putting a lead in the harness, just using it to identify which terminal on the actual switch is which. Now set the switch to the lowest setting and put the other lead to the Tan wire, the multimeter should indicate good continuity. If so, move the speed setting up one and move the lead from the Tan wire to the Light Green/Light Blue wire. Look for continuity. Continue this process until you've tested all settings. From low to high, the wire colors indicated by the manual I have are TN —> LG/LB —> LB —> BR/TN. DG is the common. Given that no speeds work like you said I would expect you to find no continuity on any setting for a bad switch. If they test good then you need to look at the resistor under the passenger side dash or the blower motor itself.