Is my radiator leaking?

Succentor

TJ Enthusiast
My TJ has needed a coolant top up a few times recently but I’ve not spotted an obvious leak. Until now…— am I right this is a radiator leak? Photo shows the lower part of the (original 2001 AFAIK) radiator. You can see it’s wet in that channel at the front; my TJ lives in a garage and hasn’t been driven for 3 days - and was fully warmed up then so I doubt there was any rain in there.

Am I looking at a new radiator? In the UK access to parts can be difficult…

3F763310-2076-453E-8C6A-44589A7BCE21.jpeg

It's hard to say but yeah it sure looks like it's leaking from there. Perhaps a rock thrown up by another vehicle nailed it from the front while you were driving. Yep that means a new radiator if it is indeed leaking from there.

Thanks, this has no manufacturer listed - is it OEM do you know?

https://jeepey.com/product/radiator-tj-rhd-203520138/
Just about every TJ that needed one in Australia has an aftermarket radiator replacement fitted including my 06 so I personally wouldn't be too concerned about fitting a non OEM.

Cost is not the only factor, if you have to wait for an OEM to be shipped from US you could have had an aftermarket fitted in a few hours at a radiator shop.

I know many in The states and on this forum preferer the OEM but if they couldn't get one without importing it from overseas with the hefty shipping costs and wait time they too would go aftermarket I am sure.