Is this too much for a clutch replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a quote of 3750.00 to replace the clutch in my 2018 jk, that seems a little expensive even for a dealership or am I wrong?
Wow, walk away and don't look back.

Wife had the clutch replaced on her Compass at the Jeep dealer 3 years ago for $1200. The Compass is a bitch to replace the clutch due to the traverse mounted drive train.

They also want to replace the flywheel
Still over the top and unless they discover physical damage to the flywheel there is no need to replace.

Google search turned this up:

The average cost for a Jeep Wrangler clutch replacement is between $1,507 and $1,637

They also want to replace the flywheel
Stop going to them for such work, RARELY does a flywheel need to be replaced. My flywheel still looked like new at 192k miles when I removed it to convert to an automatic transmission.

Whoever is quoting you $3750 to replace a clutch, who now says the flywheel needs to be replace too without even having seen it yet, should be strung up and hung by their balls for daring to try to rip people off like that.

Replacing a clutch is a relatively easy job that can be done in 3-4 hours... or less if you do such work regularly.

By the way you can buy a good quality clutch kit for a JK for >$500. Even a Mopar clutch kit is only $450 at Summit Racing. That plus, say 5 hours of labor at $200 per hour to be generous, = $1500 is a price I'd consider fair for a shop to charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.