Issues with wheel adapters and lug nuts

I just purchased the American made Revolution axle shaft for my 04 Rubicon, installed lug bolts with red loctite and went to install only to find out the wheel studs they sent are too long to work with the Spidertrax hub centric 1.25"spacers. The bolts are 2" and i need 1.75". Revolution says they have never had that problem and told me to go to any auto parts store and pick up shorter ones or just cut them off?? Nobody has a bolt like the one they sent! Now i am trying to track down some thin head lug bolts 1.75" and having a heck of a time finding them. has anyone else had this issue?
Takes about 10 minutes with a cut off disc to shorten the studs, chamfer the ends and be done.

Reactions: B252
It should be easy to find the appropriate studs. Your local NAPA should be able to get them for you within a day and a good wheel and brake shop may have some on hand that they would be willing to sell to you.

When I installed chromoly rear axle shafts the studs supplied were a bit too short due to the thickness of the mounting pad on my aluminum wheels. The vendor (Carbon Offroad) overnighted a set of longer JK studs to me at no charge even though the studs they initially supplied were correct for my jeep.

Is RG&A unable/unwilling to supply you with studs of the correct length?

Thanks for the response. What confused me was your reference to "jeep specs."

The specifications posted appear to be from a spacer/adapter manufacturer rather than a specification published by Jeep/Chrylser.
Oh sorry. My fault. This is the spec from Titan, a spacer manufacturer.

3 studs on each side only had about 2 or 3 turns of the lug nut
this ... "It should be easy to find the appropriate studs. Your local NAPA should be able to get them for you within a day and a good wheel and brake shop may have some on hand that they would be willing to sell to you."

But this just 1 problem with buying any used vehicle, even more so when the Jeep has been modified. We should all take mod apart and reassemble it... with the instructions close by for reference... and "common sense" to decide if the instructions make sense.

Last edited: