Jack Stand Placement

JFjeld

TJ Enthusiast
So, I've used jack stands periodically when working on my tires. But wondering about the best place to position them for an extended time (2-3 weeks)?

I'll be pulling my wheels/tires and dropping off my wheels to have my weld-on beadlocks installed. Just not sure of the best location for them. Directly under the axles is my first thought.

I'm pulling my 35s so frame-side wouldn't make sense. Probably doesn't matter, but these are 6-ton jack stands.

I'm probably overthinking this, but any insight would be appreciated.

^^ Yep, that's what I ended up doing. Seems very stable. I guess I'll find out if I made the right choice.

I'm ecstatic over finally getting beadlocks!!

BAEC4AA3-6837-4846-B961-CF4760C19559_zpsub1nfyjd.jpg

Reactions: Drew
^^ Yep, that's what I ended up doing. Seems very stable. I guess I'll find out if I made the right choice.

I'm ecstatic over finally getting beadlocks!!

View attachment 3962

Now if you were going to do suspension work or any work other than wheels the frame would probably be the best. I, however, always felt a bit leery of being under a vehicle that was only supported by stands on the frame. I can just imagine lugging a 175 torque rating ( like on the TCs output shaft nut) and twisting the vehicle right off the stands.

What type bead locks?

What type bead locks?
I went with the Total Metal Innovations (TMI) weld-on beadlocks: https://totalmetalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=130&products_id=382

I'm having them welded by a professional fabricator who has done several sets; which should ensure no leakage (fingers-crossed). I noticed that actual beadlock wheels run about $400/per. Comparatively, I'll have about $165/per invested with this solution:
  • Cragar Soft 8 steel wheels (already owned for 5 years) = $60/per
  • TMI inner/outer rings/hardware = $60/per
  • Welding = $40/per
  • Paint = $5/per

I went with the Total Metal Innovations (TMI) weld-on beadlocks: https://totalmetalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=130&products_id=382

I'm having them welded by a professional fabricator who has done several sets; which should ensure no leakage (fingers-crossed). I noticed that actual beadlock wheels run about $400/per. Comparatively, I'll have about $165/per invested with this solution:
  • Cragar Soft 8 steel wheels (already owned for 5 years) = $60/per
  • TMI inner/outer rings/hardware = $60/per
  • Welding = $40/per
  • Paint = $5/per
Anxious for you to see how they turn out!!:)