Jeep leans to the right

Jack Aldrich

After I replaced all of the control arms and bushings, I noticed that my Jeep had about a 1/2" lean to the right, setting on a level floor it looked like I had something out of wack! The only thing that I could think of was maybe the sway bar was bent, so I disconnected both front links and jumped up and down on the front bumper, before I reconnect the links, measured it again and it was level, so I first connected the driver's side link and then went to the passenger side, had to adjust it out about a 1/4" in order to reconnect it, now it seems to be setting pretty level. I'm hoping that that was all it was, it just looked weird to me.

I am not sure if it would make a difference or not. Sometimes when I back my Jeep into the garage and park it, when I get out it looks like it's leaning to the driver's side. Other times when parking straight in without backing, it looks like it' leaning to the passenger side! I wouldn't worry about it. I'm running Savvy arms with Currie joints.
Probably no help, but that's my story.

The right rear spring often sags due to engine torque that ends up in that corner. That'll cause the Jeep to lean toward that corner which happened to my TJ over the years. The fix for that issue is new rear springs or a short polyurethane spacer on the r-r spring.

When you are replacing control arms, it's important to keep the bolts loose until the weight of the vehicle is on them. If you tighten them in a non neutral position, you'll quickly destroy the new bushings.
Thanks, I did that, but I was wondering if I needed to go back and loosen the bolts after I adjusted my sway bar links, I went ahead and did it anyway and didn't seem to do much, everything is setting as it should now. Slowly but surely, everything will be back to almost new condition, I just didn't want to make a mistake.

Some coil springs are side specific and designed to lean 1/4-1/2” to the passenger side. The reason is to accommodate for the drivers weight. It should be level when you sit in the drivers seat

I am almost certain that all TJ owners are straight. :coleman:
Now you got me thinking here, Kiwi what's your take on this?
I laughed hard at this and from what I can compute all FJ owners are gay (I have a gay friend who drives an FJ and he is the only FJ owner I know and the only gay person I personally know, therefore of all the gay people I know, 100 percent drive FJs)

Reactions: Dawghouse and JMT
I am almost certain that all TJ owners are straight. :coleman:
Now you got me thinking here, Kiwi what's your take on this?
Oh no you didnt!!!......(clicks fingers and wobbles head) don't bring me into this one @TJ2 :D

Reactions: JMT