Jeep parking: looking for a reason

Boinked

TJ Expert
After driving around all day and visiting many of gun/outdoor places. I found myself actively looking for a jeep to park next too. When i did not see one a couple of times I came out to find one parked next to me.

This got my mind thinking about why. First thing I thought about was i never look to park next to a pickup truck when im driving mine. The same thing goes with everything else i drive. ( motorcycle's are excluded do to size and special parking spaces).

So i started thinking about group mentality. Even though everyone wants to be different we always find groups to be part of. This does not explain why ford pickups do not attract others. Could this be due to the size of that group? But if that was the case we would see BMW parking next to other BMW's. But to the best of my knowledge I have never seen this.

It doesn't matter who the owner is sex,age,race,even model of the jeep wrangler. It appears on the surface that the only thing that it must be a wrangler.

While this has not answered any questions i have about why it has gave me something to think about.

Questions that i would like to try and figure out.

1. Why is this seem to be only done with wranglers.

2. Why do we brake normal convention? IE we will park further away if a jeep is already parked.

I can understand people who visit forums doing this because they have seen postes about it. But i have seen stock JKs drivin by soccer moms do it.

This makes me want to create a research experiment. Park one jeep at the farthest point from the entrance to a store and see how many people will park next to it.

Then on a different day make it two jeeps and so on. Just to find out how many jeeps it would take to get someone to park their jeep in the farthest parking space when they could easily park much closer.

Reactions: TJ Starting
It's not only done with Wranglers to my knowledge. When I used to own an M3, I would always park next to another one if I could. Also, when I owned any of my motorcycles, I always purposely parked next to other ones. I think it's an "enthusiast" thing to be honest.

I can't answer number two. I ALWAYS park as far out as I can because I hate door dings for one, and I like the exercise :)

Owners of vintage cars will park next to other vintage tin, as well. I think when you're a little bit out of the norm, you recognize and have an appreciation for other like-minded souls. Just my opinion, of course. Any time I park next to a similar vehicle (whatever that may be), I always tell my wife "Look, Honey...a parts car!" ;)

It's not only done with Wranglers to my knowledge. When I used to own an M3, I would always park next to another one if I could. Also, when I owned any of my motorcycles, I always purposely parked next to other ones. I think it's an "enthusiast" thing to be honest.

I can't answer number two. I ALWAYS park as far out as I can because I hate door dings for one, and I like the exercise :)
I'd like to see someone door ding through my rock sliders. LOL

I do fear getting keyed for no reason though parking in the Jeep. Sometimes I cant help but to park really close to the line when some dipshit is already parked on it.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Chris
I have a buddy that used to park his Rubicon way out at the far side of the parking lot so nobody would be anywhere near his baby. Sometimes another Jeep would park right next to him, I thought it was like a Jeep wave. He was not amused.

I do fear getting keyed for no reason though parking in the Jeep. Sometimes I cant help but to park really close to the line when some dipshit is already parked on it.

I find these two statements kinda funny placed together.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I'd like to see someone door ding through my rock sliders. LOL

That’s true. After I added the lift and the rock sliders, I always referred to them as door ding protectors, haha.

Alright , who’s done this ...parked , walked in , saw a TJ , snuck out when wife was busy to park the Jeep in a “safer “place or some hogwash, and move it next to the TJ you saw.?

• Haha
Reactions: psrivats
I had a big jlur park nearly ON me, in a near empty lot. Goober.

When I bought my Wrangler a couple years ago, I never had one before, but knew I always wanted one because everything about it appealed to me. Aesthetic, offroad, customizability.
The fact that theres also a community aspect to it was really cool to me. I realized slowly that people were giving me a wave and props for my stock oldboy. Well, not all of them. But often enough I noticed it.
And in hindsight, I do remember that in parking lots I would sometimes find another Jeep parked near to me or next. I could check out their mods and stuff. Nobody on the road was in the club with me when I rolled with a ford taurus.

Reactions: Squatch and Boinked
When I bought my Wrangler a couple years ago, I never had one before, but knew I always wanted one because everything about it appealed to me. Aesthetic, offroad, customizability.
The fact that theres also a community aspect to it was really cool to me. I realized slowly that people were giving me a wave and props for my stock oldboy. Well, not all of them. But often enough I noticed it.
And in hindsight, I do remember that in parking lots I would sometimes find another Jeep parked near to me or next. I could check out their mods and stuff. Nobody on the road was in the club with me when I rolled with a ford taurus.
Only the lifted Taurus guys wave to each other . Real snobs.

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch