Jeep tool list

Jeepers

So what tools would you guys recommend you've acquired over the years? Any you had your eye on but not got yet? How is your tool inventory now? Thought this might be a good thread.

I have the usual, Stanley 200 some piece set I keep in the jeep, usual craftsman roiling cart/ tool box combo in my building. Recently I've grabbed a black and Decker 20v drill and electric impact combo that has made certain tasks allot easier, strong dremel came in handy when I rounded off a bolt head dropping the front DS.. I've considered a angle grinder or picking up some impact sockets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was a mechanic for several years so I am pretty set; air compressor, air tools, sockets, hand tools, some specialty pieces, etc. I did have to get a few more Torx tools to make things easier.

Reactions: fourpointzero
I got a Craftsman mechanics tool set I think in 1989 and I have used it countless times. It came with 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch metric and English sockets, wrenches and screwdrivers. I use it most every weekend. I got an air compressor about 20 years ago and that was a great upgrade. lately, I've moved on to battery operated tools. I recently added a Milwaukee 1/2 inch impact driver that makes tire changes really easy.

At my garage I do have two tool boxes 48 and 28". I do adquire one on clearance sale on the local HD and the other one was my work tool box for years before start doing Field Service. So you can imagine how much fit on both, from sockets to multimeters. I have special tools that help me to finish the work faster, also has air tools but not use it much. I have a battery tool set that I been adding components to it, angle grinder and the impact driver are very handy and abused. Also have 20 gal compressor, bench grinder, bench vise, welder machine.
I got my eyes on a plasma cutter and a shop floor press.
On the LJ I carry an ammo box with a HF socket set, open wrenches, torx bits, screwdrivers, multimeter, other miscellaneous that help me to return home if a breakdown happens.
Also have other tools for the DYI house projects.