JL wheels on TJ

JL wheels are what, 6.25” backspacing? So you’d need at least a 2” adapter to get them where you could run a decent size tire without rubbing?

I’ll pass on that. That’s a bit too much adapter for me.

They look good though!

I had JK wheels, with 6.25" backspacing, on my LJ. I used 1.25" spacers, after installing a 3" lift. OEM TJ wheels have 5.5" back spacing.

JK wheels can be used, but it might have limitations compared to wheels with 4" or less back spacing.

JL wheels are what, 6.25” backspacing? So you’d need at least a 2” adapter to get them where you could run a decent size tire without rubbing?

I’ll pass on that. That’s a bit too much adapter for me.

They look good though!

Yeah you wouldn't be able to run 35 or larger without rubbing with a 1.5" adapter. But this video was only intended for those wanting to run the 285/70 Rubicon tire.

Reactions: Chris
Yeah you wouldn't be able to run 35 or larger without rubbing with a 1.5" adapter. But this video was only intended for those wanting to run the 285/70 Rubicon tire.

Yes, for that size tire I can see how it would be okay!

What's the wheel adapter you are using? I am going this route myself and love the look, but am unclear on the backspacing part.

I have
I used 1.5" Rough Country adapters.

Joey,

Do those run on your lower control arm at all? I’m running a similar setup with SpiderTrax 1.5 on a 285/70/17 on an LJ. I only have a 2.5 in lift and it rubs a little bit at full lock.

Ryan

Wow lucky for all not using a 1.25” Spidertrax. I have the same setup with 1.25 adapters, JL wheels and 33” Tires and 3” RC lift but I do rub on full lock. Not sure whether to get rid of the rub or the wheels !

I used 1.5" Rough Country adapters.

So i know getting jk rims on the yj/tj is simple just a 4.5 to 5 adapter since bolts still 1/2 stud size
But with the JL being a 14mm stud, what adapter did you use, cant find a 5x4.5 1/2 stud to 5x5 with 14mm studs.