John Deere Service Manual

Mike_H

autos are better - WRWD508
Supporting Member
Can anyone with better google fu than me find a John Deere service manual for a 652r MOD EFI QuikTrac? Specifically the wiring Diagram. Trying to trouble shoot what I thought was an ignition switch problem. Started with intermittently not turning over or starting. Than intermittent became permanent. I pulled the switch out, cleaned it with electrical contact cleaner (it was FILTHY) and it started turning over again. Now its just cranking and not firing. It has fired a couple times but died right away. This Kohler is a bit more complicated because its fuel injected. I did buy a new switch, thinking maybe the ground to kill the ignition is remaining connected, but thought I better prep for a deeper dive. I didn't have much time for troubleshooting last night.

Can anyone with better google fu than me find a John Deere service manual for a 652r MOD EFI QuikTrac? Specifically the wiring Diagram. Trying to trouble shoot what I thought was an ignition switch problem. Started with intermittently not turning over or starting. Than intermittent became permanent. I pulled the switch out, cleaned it with electrical contact cleaner (it was FILTHY) and it started turning over again. Now its just cranking and not firing. It has fired a couple times but died right away. This Kohler is a bit more complicated because its fuel injected. I did buy a new switch, thinking maybe the ground to kill the ignition is remaining connected, but thought I better prep for a deeper dive. I didn't have much time for troubleshooting last night.

a starting point
https://manualsnet.com/john-deere/m...ak-pro-652r-efi-mower-operators-manual?page=1

Reactions: Mike_H
Quick update, the ignition switch fixed my issue, but I’d still like the manual, if anyone can find it. I’m pretty good at finding these, and I might have to (gasp) buy this one, if it’s even available.

John Deere makes good equipment but this will be the last Deere I buy because of their reluctance to let people work on their own stuff

Reactions: John Cooper
Quick update, the ignition switch fixed my issue, but I’d still like the manual, if anyone can find it. I’m pretty good at finding these, and I might have to (gasp) buy this one, if it’s even available.

John Deere makes good equipment but this will be the last Deere I buy because of their reluctance to let people work on their own stuff

As you are noticing JD keeps a ridiculously tight hold on all their info, hence their position with the right to repair issues. Seems like they won't tell nobody nothing unless you pay. I had to give in and buy my manual grabbing a used one off ebay for $20.

Equipment isn't like cars. Service data has never been readily available regardless of brand. I always need to buy service/parts manuals for tractors and other equipment unless I have a friend in service who will print me the pages i need

Equipment isn't like cars. Service data has never been readily available regardless of brand. I always need to buy service/parts manuals for tractors and other equipment unless I have a friend in service who will print me the pages i need

I’ve had the exact opposite luck. I have manuals and tons of other documentation for simplicity tractors, kohler engines, Briggs engines, and even a couple other, older (like mid 90’s) John Deere’s.

This mower is a 2014 and info is hard to find. I believe it is a rebadged Wright Stander, so that’s my next search.

Last edited:
I had some luck searching the net adding .pdf and found a couple manuals that were posted. Have also bought JD manuals off eBay.

In between tasks, I've been searching and I did finally find the number (TM127719). Still haven't found a place to download, but having the number is a big help to that.