Keeping my Jeep

jeep_boss

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Nearly sold my TJR for a Tacoma TRD double cab. With the budget I had in mind and my lack of free time, I couldn't risk walking into a possible lemon or vehicle that had high maintenance requirements. I have spent 4 digit hours getting to know my Jeep through hands on maintenance and upgrades - I just kind of feel acclimated to the vehicle now and I'm not really afraid of anything major happening to it that would leave me stranded somewhere remote.

My odometer reads 109K right now, but it's been putting on 12% extra due to not being calibrated (ordered a Yellr).l, so I'm probably a hair over 100K given what I know about it's history.

Getting ready to do the entire cooling system in the next week or so. After that, I need to pull the trigger on new rear axles (Revolution is STILL out of stock), flush rear tail lights, and I need to do "something" with my front fenders to avoid them possibly getting ripped off. I also need some kind of slick roof rack system and possibly a trailer.

Once I hit those points above, I guess it's just break fix from there on out. Pretty weird feeling having nearly completed a vehicle build! I might lose my mind not having something to work on.

Oh and one last project will be the multi-stage pneumatic (non-electric) Rubicon locker air compressors . If it works and if I can source the parts that I have in mind, then I may build additional systems for others. Waiting on a key vendor to get back to me on one of the vital components.

My odometer reads 109K right now, but it's been putting on 12% extra due to not being calibrated (ordered a Yellr).l, so I'm probably a hair over 100K given what I know about it's history.

Mine has not been calibrated since back in 2007 when it was only 1 year old :)
I have been the only owner so I don't ever plan of getting rid of it so miles I can care less about. :)