LJR For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "reliable" Mercedes NSG-370...lol. It's so reliable every bugger who has one will need to rebuild it.

"For a serious buyer, I will give you a ride in the Jeep. If you want to drive it yourself, I’ll need the full purchase price in cash or cashier’s check in my hand before I give you the keys."

Not going to be too many test drives.

"For a serious buyer, I will give you a ride in the Jeep. If you want to drive it yourself, I’ll need the full purchase price in cash or cashier’s check in my hand before I give you the keys."

That’s what I am thinking.

Here's a quote from an ad I saw yesterday. I've never heard of this before and as others have said, it will result in very few test drives. If I was really interested in the vehicle (I wasn't) I'd be inclined to bring along the biggest, meanest guy I know.

"For our safety and yours as recommended by Ontario Ministry of Transportation: We will ask for your driver license if you would like a test drive and two of us will accompany you on the test drive."

This listing sounds like the listings that have recently been posted on this forum. In the “Jeeps for Sale”, we have new members posting for the first time telling people to piss off if they don’t like their price. It’s a solid sales tactic 👍🏻

Reactions: bbaldwin237

Yea, I remember when I was contemplating selling mine, the guy looking at it handed me his keys to an Audi S5 worth 2x the jeep. I figured that was a fair way to go

Reactions: Danarch
Here's a quote from an ad I saw yesterday. I've never heard of this before and as others have said, it will result in very few test drives. If I was really interested in the vehicle (I wasn't) I'd be inclined to bring along the biggest, meanest guy I know.

"For our safety and yours as recommended by Ontario Ministry of Transportation: We will ask for your driver license if you would like a test drive and two of us will accompany you on the test drive."

.45 on my hip for sure !

That would be frowned upon up here.
well I ain't carrying $40k in cash without one ! when we bought my brothers Rubi, the guy wanted cash. we both had 45's on our hip, they can frown on it all they want. he doesn't trust me and wants cash, well I don't trust him and we'll meet at the tag office to ensure his title is official !

Reactions: Danarch
well I ain't carrying $40k in cash without one ! when we bought my brothers Rubi, the guy wanted cash. we both had 45's on our hip, they can frown on it all they want. he doesn't trust me and wants cash, well I don't trust him and we'll meet at the tag office to ensure his title is official !

I wouldn't do either; carry that kind cash or a gun. One is illegal (here) and the other is just plain stupid.

I think the LJR owner and the guy I mentioned are going to be sitting by their phones for quite a while. I'd be surprised if anyone would play by their rules.

Reactions: tr21triton
Status
Not open for further replies.